Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November)

Go down

Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November) Empty Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:11 am

Should be a good game this with both teams scoring quite a few goals in recent weeks and both teams looking to get back to winning ways after loosing their last game. Going to this game which will be great fun as I be bringing my flags (not the red one, far to big to get into the car) and also have the video camera with me to capture all the goals. The weather forecast was looking good the last time I looked so might have slap on some sun cream sunny

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November) Empty Re: Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November)

Post  Juve! Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:30 am

I think the Town seriously need to win this one to keep any kind of hope of promotion this season as it's home to the Wasps next home game, and if the Town can avoid being stung in that one also then it will show that the team are up there with the best in the division.

It's also good watching the vids of the games with the Barmy Army in full voice. Imagine if you could get a few more to join in Surprised

Juve!

Back to top Go down

Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November) Empty Re: Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:16 am

Juve! wrote:I think the Town seriously need to win this one to keep any kind of hope of promotion this season as it's home to the Wasps next home game, and if the Town can avoid being stung in that one also then it will show that the team are up there with the best in the division.

It's also good watching the vids of the games with the Barmy Army in full voice. Imagine if you could get a few more to join in Surprised

Should be a good game with both sides looking to get back to wining ways and have both scored quite a few goals in recent weeks. Top 10 finish would be good but getting into the Top 5 would be great achivement. Chalfont Wasps should be a good challege on Tuesday with them in good form at the moment. I am going to try and get the Barmy Army in double figures for the Witney game.

The Barmy Army is going to Wantage this weekend which will create a great atmosphere also have a great old laugh with the fans bounce .
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November) Empty Songs for Saturday

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:03 am

Here is some info on Wantage Town: Sponsered by AASVOGEL Ltd who are Recycling and Skip Hire, I am shore there are few funny songs me and you could think of about that Laughing

Famous for being the birthplace of King Alfred the Great

Since 2006, a large commercial development has been under construction with a Sainsbury's supermarket as a central focus. This supermarket is double the size of the previous one and will have a significant impact on the town by drawing more visitors from outlying villages. Positive, preventing the town becoming a commuter town and retaining some commercial activity. Negative, driving the few remaining independent retailers out of business. The supermarket chain has a similarly large store in nearby Didcot (15 minutes drive away)

I'll start if off:
Town full of skips
your just a Town full of Skips

Come in a Skip
You must have come in a skip

I am shore you can think of some better ones people so get posting Exclamation
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Juve! Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:21 pm

You always say about improving the number of Barmy Army members you will try to get to the game but when i watch the video's of the game it only seems like about two or three at most singing. There's only one way to get people down there and that's to be at the top of the league or get up to the league above as lets face it Reading is a big enough town to support two teams, so it's nothing to do with lack of people why the crowds down at the Lane are so sh**. But i do agree a top 5 finish this season from here on would be acceptable i guess.

Juve!

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:39 pm

Juve! wrote:You always say about improving the number of Barmy Army members you will try to get to the game but when i watch the video's of the game it only seems like about two or three at most singing. There's only one way to get people down there and that's to be at the top of the league or get up to the league above as lets face it Reading is a big enough town to support two teams, so it's nothing to do with lack of people why the crowds down at the Lane are so sh**. But i do agree a top 5 finish this season from here on would be acceptable i guess.

I think what would help the Town getting more fans in is to have a pre-season game with the Royals at Scours Lane. If this was to happen then it would bring in quite a lot of money for the club and also advertise the Town in getting more fans.

At the end of the day it is all about going up leagues but even that in some cases doesn't lift the crowds just look at Leyton an average of 57 and Redbridge 47 and their both in the Ryman Division One North and in other higher leagues teams are only averaging 22.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Juve! Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:52 am

Forget it, Reading will never play the Town whilst they are so low down in the pyramid system even if we would like to see it, but even Didcot who they do play are seen as minnows but even minnows eat smaller creatures and at present the Town are smaller than Didcot.
I know that not all teams have a large following even ones in higher leagues than RT and it's no guarantee that even if RT get into the Southern League the crowds will swell that much either, but considering Reading is probably one, if not the largest town in Britain you would probably think they could be capable of easily averaging treble figures! I would love RT to go up either this season or next but whether Mr Ford and Mr Millard have the amunition they need to do it remains to be seen. Hopefully a good run of wins might push them up there challenging, which might see a few more supporters down at the Lane.

Juve!

Back to top Go down

Wantage Town 0-2 Reading Town (22nd November) Empty Back from the game

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:48 am

Before the game got chatting to Colin who announced the teams as they were running out and a lady from the burger stand who was a Wolves fan. Got chatting about the Barmy Army and what songs we would sing (but didn't give much away as the songs are top secret before the game.) It was bl@@dy cold out there today and needed 3 or 4 blankets to keep me warm.

Good game which saw both sides creates good chances in the 1st half. Got the reward just before half time when Ray Spence fired it past the keeper which saw him perform a little disco on the dance floor.

During Half time was given a nice mug of tea (thanks very much for that Colin.) Had a nice large screen to see what the scores were which was good.

2nd Half: Just like the 2nd half both teams having some chances in front of goal. Midway through the 2nd half saw Duncan Geraldes scored a cracker of a free-kick to send the Barmy Army into wild celebrations bounce . The Reading boys continued to press and created some more opportunities to score. The Town played well through out the game and it was good to have another clean sheet.

After the match: Got a nice ice cold drink which helped my singing voice recover. The fans really seemed to enjoy us and found the songs so funny ( in some cases people were injured after laughing too much.) Nice bunch of fans at Wantage which like a chit chat and they also created an atmosphere which was good. I wish you all the best Wantage for the rest of the season. See you all at Scours Lane!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Juve! Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:37 am

So was the score 2-0 to Reading then?

That's another good win, but it counts for nothing unless they can swat the wasps at home in the next game if they can win that then i would have a bit more faith that their indifferent form is fading away and some consistency is on it's way. you never know there still might be a bit of a chance for promotion yet Very Happy

Juve!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum