Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotion and ground grading

5 posters

Go down

Promotion and ground grading Empty Promotion and ground grading

Post  Reading Fan Dan Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Probably a bit premature of me to be discussing promotion. However 'ground grading' is something that will be happening fairly soon for clubs that have applied for promotion to step 4 of the pyramid.

Five clubs, including Town, have applied for ground grading this year; Almondsbury, Wantage, Shortwood and Flackwell Heath. Almondsbury already have achieved ground grade E in 2008, while Flackwell Heath have grade D (2007). Therefore they would both be eligable for promotion this season, but that seems near on impossible for Flackwell Heath as they fnd themselves currently 26 points behind Town.

So my questions to those more 'in the know' is - when is Town's ground grading due to take place? And what are our chances of gaining the required grade E?

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Promotion and ground grading Empty Re: Promotion and ground grading

Post  Ass-man Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Dan, I believe the ground is being reviewed by the FA during early March so any minor work can be completed. As far as I am aware the turnstiles have been put in, the PA systems is working (our volunteer used it on Sat but it had a few teething problems?????) and the seats are due to be delivered any day now. So if all goes well the groung should gain its grading and its now down to the players to drive us home.
Glenn
Ass-man
Ass-man

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 am

Who is paying for these turnstiles and extra seats? have there been some backers, or is this being paid for by an FA grant?

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:45 am

Ass-man wrote:Dan, I believe the ground is being reviewed by the FA during early March so any minor work can be completed. As far as I am aware the turnstiles have been put in, the PA systems is working (our volunteer used it on Sat but it had a few teething problems?????) and the seats are due to be delivered any day now. So if all goes well the groung should gain its grading and its now down to the players to drive us home.
Glenn

Glenn, very good of you to reply and keep us up to speed on whats going on. It's a nice touch that somebody heavily involved with the club, like yourself, takes time to read these forums and answer queries.

Looking forward to coming down the Lane this weekend with a few other in tow!

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:16 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:
Ass-man wrote:Dan, I believe the ground is being reviewed by the FA during early March so any minor work can be completed. As far as I am aware the turnstiles have been put in, the PA systems is working (our volunteer used it on Sat but it had a few teething problems?????) and the seats are due to be delivered any day now. So if all goes well the groung should gain its grading and its now down to the players to drive us home.
Glenn

Glenn, very good of you to reply and keep us up to speed on whats going on. It's a nice touch that somebody heavily involved with the club, like yourself, takes time to read these forums and answer queries.

Looking forward to coming down the Lane this weekend with a few other in tow!

Dan - you and your friends will be made especially welcome. Come and join us for a sing song if you like, at the railway end.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Promotion and ground grading Empty Groundgrading

Post  knottwestham Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Ground inspection took place last Tuesday morning by members of the F.A.'s Ground Grading Committee. Town need to carry out a few cosmetic improvemnets to attain the necessary Grade E, but all of the required work is attainable but must be completed by 31st March 2010. It's looking good so let's hope the player's continue to do the business.

knottwestham

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 am

Saturday's programme explained that the club had another visit from the FA Grounds Grading Committee last week. They apparently went away happy with the ongoing improvements and it all seems to be moving along in the right direction. The article explains that the 50 additional seats have been installed behind the goal and two new turnstiles have been installed. Now just how long have these turnstiles been installed? I noticed them on my first visit back in February, where you come into the entrace and the chap takes your money and hands you the programme. Are these the turnstiles in question? Or am I missing something?

Anyway it good to see all the preparation going in to achieving the required ground grade. However I do feel that Scours Lane could do with a few cosmetic improvements. The wall surrounding the pitch needs a lick of paint as do the dugouts, which also need a pane of plastic replaced. Just a general tidy up though and nothing to costly, perhaps an open day could be launched where fans and volunteers could help out with tarting up the ground?

Also is it too late for me to make a contribution to the buy-a-brick campaign?

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:00 am

Firstly congratulations to Almondsbury Town, I can't see them throwing it away now so fair play. However I understand they have a situation with their club house at their current home. From what I can gather the Gloucestershire FA (their landlords) want they out at the end of the season so they can convert said club house into a conference and training centre. Almondsbury now have two choices, the first is o build a temporary club house in the car park. The GFA have approved this however cost seems to be a major obstacle. The second option is for them to ground share with near neighbours Yate Town. However would they be accepted for promotion to the Southern Football League, should they be in a ground share agreement as this surely defeats the object of the whole ground grading idea. So does can someone offer a more informed opinion of whether they will be promoted?

Secondly, I understand that 12 places are available for promotion to step 4 this season. If other leagues cannot provide a suitable candidate for promotion, would it be at all feasible for Reading Town to yet be promoted despite being unable to win the league?

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down