Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank-You everyone

2 posters

Go down

Thank-You everyone Empty Thank-You everyone

Post  Colin Fri May 21, 2010 2:45 am

As I did not have the opportunity to personally thank everyone for their support during my time at Reading Town before I resigned I thought I’d write my first and probably only message on this forum.

Obviously, I’d like to thank the board of directors for firstly giving me the initial opportunity. Roland in-particular has done an outstanding job in getting Reading Town to step five and deserves praise rather than the generally knocking he gets. His support towards me and for me I have always appreciated. Richard Grey gives many hours of his time to administer the club and I thank him for his support.

Over the past eight years many people have supported me on the coaching side too many people to thank so I won’t go into individual names but you know who you are – thanks for giving your time and expertise to the cause. Glenn Goudie has worked alongside me for three full seasons now and has become not only a trusted source of knowledge but a good friend and within the last 18 months Rob “the oracle” Wytchard has joined us to give me two people who I know that I can not only trust but also wanted the best for the club. Many thanks guys!

Many many players have come through the gates at Scours Lane while I’ve been there. Some have left no doubt feeling that they may not have been given a fair crack of the whip others have been there since almost day one of my reign. I, however, would just like to thank everyone who has donned the red & black shirt. The current crop of players, many of whom have progressed through the youth section, deserve credit for their performance this season. I’m just sorry that I could not give you that little bit extra when you needed it towards the end of the season but well done to you all.

I will always look back on my time at Reading Town with enormous pride. The club is almost unrecognisable from the one I inherited, a club that CAN now hold its head up high. This is it not just down to me but a combined effort by everyone mentioned above. I hope the club continues this progression with the solid foundations that have been laid.

“The Barmy Army”........sometimes I thought you were mad, sometimes I thought you made us a target but I have never once doubted your enthusiasm or commitment to the team and the club. You have become a part of the club’s make-up and long may you continue - many thanks for all you support (my thanks to all our other supporters – the team and I appreciated your efforts as well).

I have no idea what the future holds for me football wise. Maybe I’ll be in a job by the time the season starts, maybe not. If it’s the latter I’ll be popping in to support the team. Enjoy the World Cup, and Glenn – Australia no chance mate!

Good luck to you all.
Colin

Colin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Thank-You everyone Empty Re: Thank-You everyone

Post  CraneGod Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:13 am

Thank you, and good luck to you too Colin.

Congrats on the Thatcham job, the step-up that sadly eluded you here..................looking forward to a trip down the A4 one day soon

CraneGod

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum