Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec)

3 posters

Go down

Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec) Empty Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:53 pm

I would just like to say what a wonderful win against Witney yesterday and how it's so hard now to pick a M.O.M because the team is playing like Brazil Very Happy . I have been to the ground before when Reading Town lost in a pres-season 3-2 (and that's when Scotty Rees scored an absolute cracker Smile .) The pitch does slope a bit if I remember rightly, and also has a stand behind both goal (so it might a good idea to stand behind the goal which the Town are shooting at and then change over for the 2nd half. I think they also sell burgers and hot dogs and refreshments when I last visited but I could be wrong scratch . I didn't go into the clubhouse last time I went but will do this time so I can have a chat with the Marlow fans and players. Marlow have lost their last 6 games and are 16th in the table on 23 points.

Wilks Park

Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec) Flackwell_Heath_1

Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec) Flackwell_Heath_5

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:51 pm; edited 6 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec) Empty Re: Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec)

Post  BenOBagels Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:29 am

Will be trying to get to the match, would be a lot easier if they actually played in Marlow rather than Flackwell Heath though. Razz
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec) Empty Re: Marlow United 0-6 Reading Town (A day after Boxing Day 27th Dec)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:46 am

As I have got 4 flags, I was thinking I could put 2 at each end and then finish it off with some tinsel. Graham Lewis is on fire (literally) scoring something like 21 goals so far this season which is just fantastic Smile and also the defense is doing a wonderful job, keeping 5 straight clean sheets in the league Smile.

Taken from the Witney Website

Andy Lyne wrote:I have been in this game an awful long time (and thanks to the Reading supporter who reminded me by calling me granddad!) but I cannot recall hearing a set of supporters sing for the entire ninety minutes the way the Reading Barmy Army did on Saturday. I have never heard so few people appear so noisy either so credit to them! Thanks as always to our own supporters who were there in numbers helping to swell what would otherwise have been a very disappointing crowd. I cannot believe a town the size of Reading does not come out in support of its premier non league team, especially when The Royals were away at Birmingham City.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:22 am

Just contacted Marlow, (well emailed them yesterday) and the kick off is at 3pm.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:37 am

Another great win today, a very clinical performance. We were very lucky to get the penalty that the first goal came from tough and Marlow had been playing reasonably well up to then so but for some dodgy referring it could have been a different game. Up to fourth in the league as well although both Chalfont and Almondsbury who we're above on goal difference and by point have a couple of games in hand.

Almondsbury away is the next league game, which will be a tough fixture.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:25 am

Before the game there was a fan on his own sitting in the stand must have been there from last season Laughing .

Another good performances from the lads winning 6-0, the penalty was awarded for a push (if you did that in Marlow pub then you could be charged with assualt Laughing) It did take a long time to put the ball into the back of the net after it was well saved by the Marlow Keeper, hit the bar then the post be fore being slotted in by Reesy Very Happy . 2nd goal, good header by Hancock even if he did have his eyes closed. 4 more goals in the 2nd half saw Graham Lewis scored get the 3rd cheers and then a slighty drunk drunken Scotty Rees get the 4th goal. The Marlow United goalkeeper had to put up with a lot with one Reading Town fan (know as suspect A for legal reasons Laughing ) giving him some banter which he didn't like and a few words were exchanged Shocked. James Clark got the 5th and Suarez got the last goal santa .

Very cold day at Flackwell Heath but this time my hands didn't turn purple Laughing.

My computer is not reading my cable for the camera at the moment so it's not working but I hopefully it can be fixed

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:36 pm

It was excellent having Ben joining us yesterday, added to the atmosphere and some more input for the chants/songs. Hope you can make the home match this Saturday.
The 1st goal was surreal and resembled a pin ball machine game before Scott finally netted.
Empathy for Mark Ramsey in goal who could not be faulted for the goals and was MOM for Marlow in my opinion.
Bovril enjoyed for the first time at a ground this season - wonderful.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum