Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascot United v Reading Town Bank Holiday Monday

4 posters

Go down

Ascot United v Reading Town Bank Holiday Monday Empty Ascot United v Reading Town Bank Holiday Monday

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:23 pm

The Reading boys make the short trip to Ascot on Bank Holiday Monday and the game kicks off at 3pm. We will see some familiar faces with ex Town players Chris Grace and Ian Brooks playing for Ascot United. I am looking forward to the game tomorrow afternoon and will no doubt get there really early due to Reading Festival goers leaving the site.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Ascot United v Reading Town Bank Holiday Monday Empty Re: Ascot United v Reading Town Bank Holiday Monday

Post  Koshi Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:50 pm

It's going to be a big game not only because it's the first Berkshire derby game for RT this season, but because Ascot are flying high after beating league leaders Slimbridge. Can RT put the last couple of defeats behind them and show they are serious contenders for the title? I feel a draw wouldn't be a bad result tomorrow, a win would be brilliant. Koshi wont be making the game unfortunately but he'll be in the area a nice walk around Virginia Waters and possibly one or two pints in the Belvedere pub after. I trust the Barmy Army will be in force tomorrow? just don't be singing "you'll never beat Chris Grace" Shocked

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Ascot United v Reading Town Bank Holiday Monday Empty Re: Ascot United v Reading Town Bank Holiday Monday

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:20 am

Koshi wrote:It's going to be a big game not only because it's the first Berkshire derby game for RT this season, but because Ascot are flying high after beating league leaders Slimbridge. Can RT put the last couple of defeats behind them and show they are serious contenders for the title? I feel a draw wouldn't be a bad result tomorrow, a win would be brilliant. Koshi wont be making the game unfortunately but he'll be in the area a nice walk around Virginia Waters and possibly one or two pints in the Belvedere pub after. I trust the Barmy Army will be in force tomorrow? just don't be singing "you'll never beat Chris Grace" Shocked

Yes the Barmy Army will be there in full voice and don't worry we won't sing that particular Chris Grace song. As in your in the area, you might as well come to your first ever game.....just a thought!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:26 am

I can just see the headlines in the local papers now - "Koshi misses a Reading Town fixture" and
"Missing fan spotted in Belvedere hostelry".
Just can't see us getting through the season without this guy.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:42 am

BRAMLEY wrote:I can just see the headlines in the local papers now - "Koshi misses a Reading Town fixture" and
"Missing fan spotted in Belvedere hostelry".
Just can't see us getting through the season without this guy.

I know Reading could do with a few more fans at the Lane old chap, but as you seem to be fixated with with Koshi's debut. Whichever comes first, my first visit, or hell freezing over i'll guess you'll need to have a lay down to recuperate from the shock! Wink

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 am

Starting to get worried another 4 in the wrong end today!
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 am

Time for a pint (or six) I think.
Very strangely looking forward to work tomorrow to cheer myself up!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:42 am

Ok 4-1 not so bad the negative ones amongst us will say we were lucky to get 1 goal as us suckers know we know this is a blip and things will improve... really can't understand the negativity with the Reading fans hereeeeee

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:55 am

Koshi wrote:Ok 4-1 not so bad the negative ones amongst us will say we were lucky to get 1 goal as us suckers know we know this is a blip and things will improve... really can't understand the negativity with the Reading fans hereeeeee

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ - Snoring off now!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

The Reading were on the recieving end of another 4-1 loss, this time to the hands of Asot United this Bank Holiday afternoon. Ascot got off to the perfect start when they scored early on to make it 1-0. Afterwards it saw the Yellamen come close to doubling score when they hit the top of the bar and also hitting the top of the net as well as the side netting. The Reading boys did reply with some of their shots of their own with 2 going over the bar one of which was shot by Elmore and the ball just didn't find enough dip to find the back of the net.

The second half started off with Marcus Richardson one on one with Chris Grace but his effort went narrowly wide. Ascot then punished the Reading boys for their missed chances when a corner was swung in and an Ascot player headed it past Chris Rackley to make it 2-0. The Yellamen then scored another when a cross was put into the box and the unmarked player had the easy task of putting it away to make it 3-0. The Reading were still trying to get fowrard and this saw Jamie Peircy shot fly wide and he another attempt which was a lob over the keeper but it didn't find the back of the net. Ascot the inflicted more pain on the Town when they got their fourth goal when a low shot to the bottom right hand corner beat Chris Rackley to make it 4-0. Coming to the end of the game and Town still posed a threat with Chris Grace tipping the ball over the bar and then the Town had a corner kick, the ball was blasted from outside the box the ball hit the post, then came off Chris Grace then trickled into the back of the net to give the Reds a consolation goal. The final result being a Ascot United 4-1 Reading Town.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 am

Thanks to "pinewoodste" for this very accurate report on Tony Kempsters Forum:-

Uhlsport Hellenic League Premier Division
Ascot Utd V Reading Town
Score: 4-1 Att: 120 (my h/c was 106) This included a couple of RT fans who sang/chanted at various times. KO: 1500
Cost: £5. Progs: Yes
Weather: Sunny with cloudy intervals. Very warm at times. Odd breeze. Not sure why the RT #4 wore gloves !

Venue: Ascot Racecourse, Gate 7/8, Winkfield Road.
3 floodlight pylons each side & fully railed. On entrance side in the left of the half is an overhang of the clubhouse. In the other half is a small covered seated stand with 4 rows. A good move by the club was to put a barrier in front so people cannot stand in front of the seats. Opposite & behind 1 goal is just grass with trees beyond. Plenty of space to expand if necessary. These 3 sides all had hard standing. Behind other goal is just grass & again plenty of space then a wire fence & then beyond this is part of the racecourse. You could see the main grandstand in the distance.

The brick built clubhouse lacks character but does the job it needs to with its wooden flooring. Food could be purchased inside or under the overhang outside. The large tv projector had Sky Sports showing cricket before the game & golf at h/t.
The only time the tannoy was used was when the players finally came out at 1500 & the line-ups were read out.

Match: 2nd v 6th out of 22.
Shots in 1st half 7-4. First 20mins was very 1-sided, all AU. They scored on 4mins, 1-0 & a minute later had an effort just over. RT had their 1st attempt on 27mins but the shot was nearer the corner flag than the goal. They later had a good chance blocked & improved as the half wore on.

Shots in 2nd half 6-6. RT shot trickled wide on 50mins. AU scored a header from a corner on 53mins, 2-0 & then a cross was diverted in on 58mins, 3-0. RT had a chance go just wide on 72mins. AU scored on 85mins, 4-0. RT surprisingly had their best spell of the game towards the end. The GK saved on 88mins & then he let a shot which he thought was going wide hit the post & the rebound hit is hand & went in on 89mins, 4-1. They should've scored again but a lob went over GK but just wide on 91+mins.

BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:22 pm

This season is already looking like a transitional season for the club just when the club looked like they were finally getting to grips with this league. RT are simply shifting too many goals for my liking, another game where they are 4-0 down (game over) before they score themselves. Roddy and the boys really have their hands full this season to correct this...The only positive thing from last night was they were beaten by a team who are now top... they really could do with a clean sheet to bring a bit of confidence back.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum