Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In search of an old pal

Go down

In search of an old pal Empty In search of an old pal

Post  pete baker Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Hello, first time on here.
I wondered if this might be a good place to try and track down an old friend who is a Reading Town supporter. We lost touch many years ago when I left the firm we both worked for. H.S.Marsh in Silver St.
His name is [****] Cornish. I worked there between 1978-81. [****] was there when I started, and when I left. He lived locally.

After he found out I was a lifelong Dons fan we had some good natured banter going on between us. I was his guest at the match when we got soundly beaten 3-0(?) He even told me to keep an eye on some bloke called Lawrie Sanchez, as he said he was going places.

I never did get to tell him how right he was, but would still like to. Can anyone on this forum help? [****] would be in his late 50's-early 60's by now. I had hoped my registration on this forum would be in time for the PSF we had this year, and if my search was successful, invite him as my guest, but it wasn't to be.

My registration came through today, and so my search begins. Please help if you can. Many thanks. PB

pete baker

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

In search of an old pal Empty filtered his name out

Post  pete baker Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Ok, we'll call him Richard then, although he would've knocked my head off if I'd called him that Smile

And just for clarity. When I say 'Dons', I mean AFC Wimbledon. Thanks again. PB

pete baker

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-09-05

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum