Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 3-2 Carterton (3rd March)

+2
Koshi No2
RTFC Barmy Army
6 posters

Go down

Reading Town 3-2 Carterton (3rd March) Empty Reading Town 3-2 Carterton (3rd March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 am

Reading Town take on 13th placed Carterton this Tuesday night. Carterton have lost their last 8 league games but the last time they won was against Abingdon Town at home winning 2-0 on the 17th January. The 8 games Carterton have lost the majority of them they have loosed by only one goal but two of the results there was more goals when they lost 5-1 to Hungerford and then 7-1 to Flackwell Heath.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 3-2 Carterton (3rd March) Empty Re: Reading Town 3-2 Carterton (3rd March)

Post  Koshi No2 Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 am

On that basis you would expect an easy victory. I suppose RT will get back to winning ways after some bad away results recently.I wonder if RT are a few goals to the good whether Gracey might attempt that Rene Higuita Scorpion kick Wink
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 3-2 Carterton (3rd March) Empty Re: Reading Town 3-2 Carterton (3rd March)

Post  BenOBagels Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Or just if a Carterton player is offside. Wink

Considering Town seem to be struggling a bit at the moment, playing a team in the form Carterton are in couldn't come at a much better time.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:06 am

BenOBagels wrote:Or just if a Carterton player is offside. Wink

Considering Town seem to be struggling a bit at the moment, playing a team in the form Carterton are in couldn't come at a much better time.

That could be true mate but at the same time a loss against them might demoralize the team even more Crying or Very sad. Anyway, as anyone got any good idea's on why the team are suddenly struggling after a long unbeaten run? Is it a case of the bubble burst once the unbeaten run had ended?

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:49 am

Well it was a win at least but it was a hard fought win. I never expected it to be so tight and the crowd was not great, but i guess many of the support were like me tucked up warm inside and not getting soaked through.
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:58 am

Reading Town got back to winning ways tonight. Played in monsoon weather which saw players slipping, sliding and colliding. Both sides a few chances early on in the game. Carterton took the lead in the 34th minute but 5 minutes later Graham Lewis scored with his head to make it 1-1. Second half the pitch was turning into a pool in some areas with it makiing it harder to pass the ball around. 63rd minute saw Reading Town take a 2-1 lead and then shortly after made it 3-1. Carterton did get a goal back later on to make it 3-2 and they had some chances at nearer the end with some shots being cleared off the line. Chris Grace also mad some good saves aswell to make sure the Town would get the all important win.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Not the best performance, and Carterton were better for a lot of the first half, but considering the conditions a good win. Two quick goals though sealed the game, although it was a bit nervy at the end Carterton pulling one back.

Possibly fortunate the game didn't get abandoned as well. It really did píss it down at the start of the second half, and for the last twenty minutes or so you'd have thought it was a paddling pool rather than a football pitch. Hopefully it stays clear of rain for the next few days to allow the pitch to drain for Saturday.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:36 am

Yes it was a close encounter but i guess the conditions didn't help much and it's just good for the team to get back to winning ways. Lets just hope the rain keeps away so the game goes ahead against Fairford at the weekend and hopefully another 3 points in the bag.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  woolly Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:41 am

i like the way the reading town barmy army if you can call them an army when there's just 2 of them,singing kiddy is full of chavs Sad it makes me saddened to hear this NOT just because we have more supporters more money and better players i think it comes down to jealousy at the end of the day.
KID-ARMY Very Happy
woolly
woolly

Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:14 am

Hi Woolly, Correct me if i'm wrong but is the admission price for home games there just £4? if so i think thats great value compared to £6 at Reading and i done some workings out from the Hellenic site, and of the 15 home games played at both Kiddy and Reading and found out that so far this season that kiddy attracted 1441 supporters = 96 average per game and Reading 844 supporters = 56 average.Maybe Reading could learn a few tricks off how Kiddy is run as a club. Anyway mate best of luck for the rest of the season.
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:33 am

Well, back to the original thread then, and credit to the match officials on Tuesday night at Scours Lane.
Many Hellenic games were abandoned due to the torrential rain but this fixture was completed with the co-operation of both teams in difficult conditions.
Many thanks to all involved.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 am

woolly wrote:i like the way the reading town barmy army if you can call them an army when there's just 2 of them,singing kiddy is full of chavs Sad it makes me saddened to hear this NOT just because we have more supporters more money and better players i think it comes down to jealousy at the end of the day.
KID-ARMY Very Happy

There was 3 of us singing on Tuesday night throughout the game which one song included the word chav OMG Laughing
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:08 am

BenOBagels wrote:Not the best performance, and Carterton were better for a lot of the first half, but considering the conditions a good win. Two quick goals though sealed the game, although it was a bit nervy at the end Carterton pulling one back.

Possibly fortunate the game didn't get abandoned as well. It really did píss it down at the start of the second half, and for the last twenty minutes or so you'd have thought it was a paddling pool rather than a football pitch. Hopefully it stays clear of rain for the next few days to allow the pitch to drain for Saturday.

Bleedin hell, i just watched the match video of this game and you're telling me it should have been abandoned. It certainly easily could have been and i'm sure had Reading lost, a few Town fans would have been pretty pished off about it. The lake in front of the goal was ridiculous and the ball was sticking to it. I think Chris Grace probably needed flippers and a snorkel more than boots and gloves.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum