Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admission fee

5 posters

Go down

Admission fee Empty Admission fee

Post  Koshi Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:23 am

Is it £6 for adults to watch the Town now? I think they should just put it to a round £10 and have done with it. I would certainly still pay that if i was a die hard fan and would even pay it on odd occasional visits too. f**k the away support Laughing they would still pay it too if they have to. Wink

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Admission fee Empty Re: Admission fee

Post  BRAMLEY Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:25 am

Koshi wrote:Is it £6 for adults to watch the Town now? I think they should just put it to a round £10 and have done with it. I would certainly still pay that if i was a die hard fan and would even pay it on odd occasional visits too. f**k the away support Laughing they would still pay it too if they have to. Wink

But the point is, you are not a die hard RTFC supporter are you?
As for the away support, it needs to be encouraged not turned away by being greedy.
Average gate is less than 70 right now. Most Blue Square Conference sides do not charge as much as this!!
Live in the real world Koshi.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  woolly Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:02 am

£6 to watch reading town fc bargin lol Laughing Laughing
if u were getting 50-60 people a game u will be lucky to get 10 now

p.s

reading town for administration Laughing
woolly
woolly

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:28 am

Koshi wrote:Is it £6 for adults to watch the Town now? I think they should just put it to a round £10 and have done with it. I would certainly still pay that if i was a die hard fan and would even pay it on odd occasional visits too. f**k the away support Laughing they would still pay it too if they have to. Wink

£10 would be too steep for many people in this League. You want to encourage people to come to Scours lane to watch a game of football and not push them away. The away support is key aswell eg Witney United who brought 30+ to the ground.........if you increase it by £10 then some away fans might not visit.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:05 am

BRAMLEY wrote:

But the point is, you are not a die hard RTFC supporter are you?
As for the away support, it needs to be encouraged not turned away by being greedy.
Average gate is less than 70 right now. Most Blue Square Conference sides do not charge as much as this!!
Live in the real world Koshi.

Bramley, my point about raising to £10 was certainly not a method of creating new support and possibly it would lose some but 70 supporters(assuming adults) paying £6=£420 a game or 50 supporters paying £10=£500 means more money through the turnstiles but that was based purely on gate returns. You obviously have to take out what those lost supporters might have spent in the club house as well. I wasn't really recommending it as nobody wants to pay more but die hards probably would with a grumble. Also you are correct i am not a RTFC die hard supporter mainly because i've never been because although i would probably pay £10 if i was a die hard i am not and even at £6 it would still cost me over £10 with travel expenses anyway, so £10 admission or £10+ admission-petrol-bus fare it makes no difference to me its still a bit steep as a new supporter goes.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:25 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:

£10 would be too steep for many people in this League. You want to encourage people to come to Scours lane to watch a game of football and not push them away. The away support is key aswell eg Witney United who brought 30+ to the ground.........if you increase it by £10 then some away fans might not visit.

You're are right Combesy but if putting the prices up discourages support then why have the club put the prices up from last season? whats so special this season to warrant a £1 rise? don't even talk about inflation costs. If support is more important than anything else then drop the admission fee, or at least keep the cost the same...if anything it might bring in a few extra punters that might have a bit extra to spend in the clubhouse instead, and by all accounts it needs it as it currently breaks about even according to Colin in one of his Evening Post column write ups. Let the clubhouse be the lifeblood of the club until the club can either go up a level or find new ways to make money whilst the support grows. By putting the admission fee up this year even by a £1 might have been the difference in losing 10 extra new supporters and even worse if they were 10 very hungry and thirsty supporters...i know you usually mention in your after match reports how good the burgers were at the away matches, so i'm sure their clubhouses appreciate your custom and your money.As for me well by being greedy this year putting up the admission they have lost even more because if they had kept it the same or made it £4 i would probably have come and then spent at least another £10 in the bar. I'll let Roland fill in the missing words to "Couldn't run a **** up in a *******" Rolling Eyes

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Koshi why don't you make the effort to get to a game?? Yes it will cost £10 all together to get there but that's not a lot compared to Reading FC!! Maybe they could do some kind offers every month for example Kids for a quid, 2 adults for the price of one=£6, under 18's go in for free and 50% off for local residents ect. From this experiment you could see if there is any change in the attendances and which one is most successful.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:46 am

Can't the club introduce some kind of season ticket or half season ticket where for example it works out cheaper per game to buy one of these tickets or is this idea a bit far fetched and i'm talking bollox?
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:07 am

Boza wrote:Can't the club introduce some kind of season ticket or half season ticket where for example it works out cheaper per game to buy one of these tickets or is this idea a bit far fetched and i'm talking bollox?

That's not a bad idea at all so no it's not far fetched or rubbish. In that sense you could have season tickets/membership cards and when you get to certain amount of points eg (500) you get something in return.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:11 am

Boza wrote:Can't the club introduce some kind of season ticket or half season ticket where for example it works out cheaper per game to buy one of these tickets or is this idea a bit far fetched and i'm talking bollox?

Certainly a good suggestion and possibly attractive to some of the Reading FC fans that do not travel to their away fixtures. Some are already visiting Scours Lane in recent matches and commenting favourably on the football being played.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:23 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Koshi why don't you make the effort to get to a game?? Yes it will cost £10 all together to get there but that's not a lot compared to Reading FC!! Maybe they could do some kind offers every month for example Kids for a quid, 2 adults for the price of one=£6, under 18's go in for free and 50% off for local residents ect. From this experiment you could see if there is any change in the attendances and which one is most successful.

I nearly attended a game last season, i think it was against Guildford but other commitments came up and then i penciled in to watch the final game against the champions Merstham only for that fixture to never be played (i hope Reading were compensated for that!)
The thing is, i can currently watch local football free of charge and its a 5 minute stroll away so no travel expenses either. You can say Reading Town are a higher level, well that's true, but most of the Reading Town players also play Sunday league i.e Ray Spence,Dan Seaward etc plays for Tavern and the top teams could compete with many Hellenic div one clubs imo. Anyway, i just think the cost is a bit much for that level of football to make it some kind of priority, but i'm sure i'll get down there perhaps before the end of the season and i might get myself a bike just to try and save on the travel cost....well might as well save all i can for a beer or three eh Wink

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down