Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What went wrong?

5 posters

Go down

What went wrong? Empty What went wrong?

Post  Koshi No2 Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:38 am

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/s/3162_bright_future_is_planned_at_scours_lane

Note the date of this news....what has been achieved since?
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

What went wrong? Empty Re: What went wrong?

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:59 am

Although i've not been down to Scours Lane yet i assume and i'm sure one or two of regulars here might have seen some improvements to the facilities at the ground over that time, so i wouldn't say anything as gone particularly wrong...the players are probably better than then too, but i do admit only promotion to a higher level will make much difference and so true improvements as they've been stuck at this level for many years now and it's about time the club moved forward. When you see Marlow United and almost certainly Ascot United next season joining the same level as RT who were two teams who only 2-3 years ago were both playing in the Reading football league at places like Rabsons (where i watch sometimes) you sort of understand how low this league is in the pyramid. Anyway, i'm sure RT will be right up there in the mix next season and with one or two new quality additions have a good chance of promotion.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:28 am

Boza wrote:http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/s/3162_bright_future_is_planned_at_scours_lane

Well Mr Boza, one could ask you the same question regarding your Enfield Town?
Have high average attendances this term but hardly flying high are they?
Difficulties on and off the pitch as well it seems.
Please be gracious enough not to snipe at RTFC when you don't even attend at Scours Lane.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:32 pm

BRAMLEY wrote:
Boza wrote:http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/s/3162_bright_future_is_planned_at_scours_lane

Please be gracious enough not to snipe at RTFC when you don't even attend at Scours Lane.

WTF! Shocked My Enfield Town? well that's a new one on me Laughing i think you must have me mixed up with someone else pal. I might like a London club but it ain't effin Enfield Rolling Eyes
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:37 pm

Boza wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:

WTF! Shocked My Enfield Town? well that's a new one on me Laughing i think you must have me mixed up with someone else pal. I might like a London club but it ain't effin Enfield Rolling Eyes

I unreservedly apologise to Boza - sorry pal.
I completely got the wrong end of the stick and misinterpreted an earlier post from you on another thread.
Will be pleased to get you a pint (or two) when you next visit Scours Lane.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:17 am

Nothing has gone wrong in my view. Reading Town have a large stand behind one of the goals which could easily hold up to 500 fans and it wasn't there in 2002. It was finished nearer the end of last season. The things that were mentioned in the article don't just happen over night or a click of a button but several years. It takes time and efforts do those things and the club are going in the right direction with more fund raising nights planned.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:07 am

Town are hoping to build a community facility, including an all-weather pitch and indoor area and new clubhouse, as well as a new stand that would enable the club to climb up the non-league pyramid.

Well of those, the new stand(s) have been done with the covered terracing at the Railway End, and the 150 or so seater stand on the Town side of the ground. The others though haven't been done (as far as I know) and I guess the money hasn't been there to do them, although I've heard a few mentions of plans for the all-weather training pitch, which they are looking to hire out as a source of income as well allowing local schools and so on use it to build community relations.

It doesn't specifically say the plan was to get promoted to the Ryman League either, just bring the facilities up to Ryman/Southern League level. Although of course, you'd assume that they'd be doing that as part of a long term goal to reach that level anyway.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:28 am

BRAMLEY wrote:
Boza wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:

I unreservedly apologise to Boza - sorry pal.
I completely got the wrong end of the stick and misinterpreted an earlier post from you on another thread.
Will be pleased to get you a pint (or two) when you next visit Scours Lane.

Apology accepted, Bramley
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:37 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:

Nothing has gone wrong in my view. Reading Town have a large stand behind one of the goals which could easily hold up to 500 fans and it wasn't there in 2002. It was finished nearer the end of last season. The things that were mentioned in the article don't just happen over night or a click of a button but several years. It takes time and efforts do those things and the club are going in the right direction with more fund raising nights planned.

Ok fair enough they seem to be improving the facilities and the 500 supporter stand will come in handy for the 56 average they currently get! but RT want the best facilities at step 5 level... when will we see the playing side of things improved to an extent to be almost certainties to go up?
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:04 pm

I suppose there is nothing wrong consolidating your place to build up the infrastructure of the ground first, ready for any future push up the league pyramid. I've not been down there myself, but it sounds like the club could easily cater for a few hundred spectators if need be with the new stands and the clubhouse. Personally i think that RT aren't far away from going up the next level and any slight improvements over the summer could make all the difference as it's only some silly inconsistent results against lowly sides that have cost them dear this year.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum