Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 5-0 Shrivenham Mar 6th

+3
BRAMLEY
Reading Fan Dan
Koshi
7 posters

Go down

Reading Town 5-0 Shrivenham Mar 6th Empty Reading Town 5-0 Shrivenham Mar 6th

Post  Koshi Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:48 am

Reading Town take on Shrivenham this saturday in a game that they are surely destined for another 3pts in the bag as Shrivenham are completely shyte at the moment having only won one game in their last nine attempts, and that was against an even more shyte team in Hook Norton. Anyway it should be a noisy affair down at the Lane as Shrivenham wont be the only Hellenic Prem team in town as Highmoor Ibis will be hosting Flackwell Heath in the quarter final of the Reading Senior Cup at the Prudential Ibis club.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 5-0 Shrivenham Mar 6th Empty Re: Reading Town 5-0 Shrivenham Mar 6th

Post  Reading Fan Dan Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:23 pm

I've read elsewhere that Highmoor/IBIS have a Reading Senior Cup tie against Flackwell Heath this Saturday. Apparently its being played at Scours Lane at 2pm. Is this right or are they confusing venues with the Prudential IBIS Club further up the Lane?

Official confirmation would be ideal!

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 5-0 Shrivenham Mar 6th Empty Re: Reading Town 5-0 Shrivenham Mar 6th

Post  BRAMLEY Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:18 am

Koshi - how would you know how good or bad either Shrivenham or Hook Norton can be?
You have never appeared at Scours Lane all season but expect RTFC to pick up points just because a team is allegedly of a lower standard.
The 3 points need to be earned each time and the lads themselves know this all too well.
Victory versus Shrivenham would be good, and another step in the right direction.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:53 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:I've read elsewhere that Highmoor/IBIS have a Reading Senior Cup tie against Flackwell Heath this Saturday. Apparently its being played at Scours Lane at 2pm. Is this right or are they confusing venues with the Prudential IBIS Club further up the Lane?

Hi Dan I suspect Highmoor/Ibis are saying Scours Lane because it's on the same road, just further down than Reading Town FC. Also got a lift with the chairman on Tuesday night to the game and he didn't mention anything about Highmoor/Ibis playing at RTFC. So I am 100% certian they won't be playing at Reading Town FC. Although it's a bit confusing, for groundhoppers as they might end up watching the wrong game and also home/away fans might get a bit confused.

Koshi: Shrivenham will want to get back to winning ways and I like I always say there are no easy points in the league, you have to earn the 3 points as they are not given to you on a plate.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:41 am

BRAMLEY wrote:Koshi - how would you know how good or bad either Shrivenham or Hook Norton can be?
You have never appeared at Scours Lane all season but expect RTFC to pick up points just because a team is allegedly of a lower standard.
The 3 points need to be earned each time and the lads themselves know this all too well.
Victory versus Shrivenham would be good, and another step in the right direction.

Of course you are right Bramley that 3 points still need to be earned, and if Reading Town aren't at the races then they could be stung, but that doesn't change the fact that Shrivenham are an aweful side who can't buy a win for love nor money unless they play a team almost possibly destined for Hellenic division one next season and lets face it they are not down there for being a good side are they?

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:I've read elsewhere that Highmoor/IBIS have a Reading Senior Cup tie against Flackwell Heath this Saturday. Apparently its being played at Scours Lane at 2pm. Is this right or are they confusing venues with the Prudential IBIS Club further up the Lane?

According to the RFL on the FA site Highmoor will play Flackwell 2pm saturday march 6th.. venue: Prudential Ibis Club which just happens to be based in Scours Lane.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:43 am

Koshi wrote:

According to the RFL on the FA site Highmoor will play Flackwell 2pm saturday march 6th.. venue: Prudential Ibis Club which just happens to be based in Scours Lane.

Yep, just as I thought. Although the article could well have confused a few people. I'm looking forward to my second visit to Scours Lane. Will be bringing a few friends down and hopefully we can help break the 100+ attendance mark!

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:06 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:
Koshi wrote:

Yep, just as I thought. Although the article could well have confused a few people. I'm looking forward to my second visit to Scours Lane. Will be bringing a few friends down and hopefully we can help break the 100+ attendance mark!

Good luck with your second visit mate, lets hope RT can get the right result for you this time around, as for Koshi i'm still pencilled in for the Binfield game on march 20th.... will drag an RFC fan along with me for the experience. I predict biggest crowd of the season for this fixture so i hope the beer is well stocked!!!

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass-man Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 am

BRAMLEY wrote:Koshi - how would you know how good or bad either Shrivenham or Hook Norton can be?

Yes Mick. Thats exactly how the players and staff feel. There is no such thing a certain three point in the Hellenic Premier. Maybe at lower level (Step6 -Step 7)you re sure of a win but not at this level. I have the same feeling as Bramley. if Koshi was a regular then his comments may have more weight behind them but I dont actually think he has seen the boys in action.

His kind of talk would be recognised but our opponents and only serve to fire them up.
Ass-man
Ass-man

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:54 am

Listen boys. Koshi is not advocating that 3 points are in the bag by any means, that's just not how football works, but surely the general concensus is that a team top of the league should beat a team with not much to play for especially when that team has only got 6 pts from a possible 27.....complacency is one of the dangers a team like Reading have got to face but if they apply themselves well then most people would agree with me that Reading should expect 3pts from the game.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:10 am

Nice one Reading.....a formality as it turned out as Reading turned on the style against a potential banana skin and RT seem to be back to their early season form.... will be nice to see the goals from the match video.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:28 am

The Town got off to a perfect start with Dean Thomas putting the Reading boys 1-0 up in the first minute, with a well taken volley. The Town had the majority of the possession and it saw the Reading boys double their lead when Scotty Rees sliding shot found the back of the net in the 38th minute and his celebration wasn't bad either with a cool flip. The Town went into the break 2-0 up.

Second half and it saw the Reds knocking on the door once again with crosses being put into the box and saw the keeper in action. The Town extended their lead in the 64th minute when Danny Williamson provided a lovely ball into the box which went past the defender and keeper, James Clark was at the far post to poke it into the net to make it 3-0. Dean Thomas scored his second goal of the afternoon with a shot which was going towards the bottom left hand corner, the shot was half saved and the Shrivenham No1 tried desperately to prevent it from going over the line but it was to adjudged to gone over the line so 4-0 to the Town. With 5 minutes to go James Clark put the icing on the cake when he blasted the ball into the top right hand corner.

Well done to all the players put in great performance!!!

Good to see quite a few Reading supporters at the Lane today, with them taking advantage of the half price entry fee for season ticket holders. Also Reading Fan Dan and his mates looked like they were enjoying themselves today.

6th March Sat Reading Town 5-0 Shrivenham (Got all the goals on camera)

Match Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPO9yoz8LHU

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:05 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Good to see quite a few Reading supporters at the Lane today, with them taking advantage of the half price entry fee for season ticket holders. Also Reading Fan Dan and his mates looked like they were enjoying themselves today.

Was it really that obvious who I was! I was accompanied by six other Royals today, and also noticed a few others about. I was a bit dissapointed with a crowd of 75, but its still fairly decent. Incidently I've paid the full £6 admission both times as I feel the club could really use it. Just means one less pint at moneybags RFC tomorrow, who aren't really that grateful for it!

Was nice to have a chat with the man who runs the bar today, and also a chat with the chairman himself on the way out. He wished us well for tomorrow and we were made to feel very welcome. Once again an enjoyable day and I'll certainly be back for more!

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:25 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:
RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Good to see quite a few Reading supporters at the Lane today, with them taking advantage of the half price entry fee for season ticket holders. Also Reading Fan Dan and his mates looked like they were enjoying themselves today.

Was it really that obvious who I was! I was accompanied by six other Royals today, and also noticed a few others about. I was a bit dissapointed with a crowd of 75, but its still fairly decent. Incidently I've paid the full £6 admission both times as I feel the club could really use it. Just means one less pint at moneybags RFC tomorrow, who aren't really that grateful for it!

Was nice to have a chat with the man who runs the bar today, and also a chat with the chairman himself on the way out. He wished us well for tomorrow and we were made to feel very welcome. Once again an enjoyable day and I'll certainly be back for more!

I know you had a scarf on but couldn't identify you. The attedence was not too bad it was above our average attendence of 63. I think the 107fm radio is also helping get the some more fans through the gate, which is great. Hopefully there could be a 3 figure crowd against Binfield as they are local rivals and and have the seond best following in the league.

Dan next time you come to the Lane with other Reading fans, get yourself and your pals behind the goal and you could sing with us and provide a great atmosphere. Plus you could wave your scarf Planet Funk- Chase the Sun song, I saw the reading fans waiting for us to do it, they loved it!!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:43 am

Yep the attendance was a bit disappointing to be fair considering the clubs position and the help of Dan and his band, but 75 isn't too bad and above the average gate....i wonder if the game next door took a few extra support away?

Still, Koshi and co are polishing up their bikes ready for the big ride down to Scours Lane in two weeks time.....Bring on the Binners and this could actually be the first attendance over 100 seen at the Lane for quite a long while.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  CraneGod Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:56 am

Took advantage of my £3 admission fee today (first time that I have brandished my RFC ST this season..............normally have happily paid the £6), spent the £3 saving on raffle tickets and bar football before the game.................

Have been to a couple of dozen games over the past couple or three seasons...am really warming to it now tho'

The players seem to be warming to it too

Nice touch at the end of the game............all applauding the singin' three Wink

CraneGod

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  hughesy Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 am

its good to see attendences moving in the right direction, it really does help give the team a lift. It also helps to wind up opponents which i particularly enjoy!

another motivation before the game was the shrivenhams joint managers comments to the paper,
quote: "I saw Reading when they beat us 2-0 in the Berks and Bucks Senior Cup and they were miles ahead at the top of the division at that time. Since then we’ve played better sides lower down the table. They didn’t look like a side that deserved to be there.."

looking forward to see the royals fans returning when their boys are away from home or dont have a game.

hughesy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down