Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constant changing of players

3 posters

Go down

Constant changing of players Empty Constant changing of players

Post  sausage than a egg Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:56 am

any debate on all the new faces coming in and going out of the club!!

Mines a pint of Mild!!
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Constant changing of players Empty Re: Constant changing of players

Post  BRAMLEY Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:34 am

Too early to have strong opinions on the new arrivals from other Clubs - only because I've only seen them a maximum of twice. With safety pretty much assured for this term it is good to see the Youth players given opportunities, and Spence and Cousineau in particular have adapted well.
We await the debuts of Matt Bicknell and Shane Maskell with interest - trust they stay longer than some other debutants!
Time for the squad to stake claims for a regular spot for next term I think.
Sausage than a Egg - Colin's best pint of mild will await you tomorrow afternoon!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:43 am

I thought maskell wasn't coming!!!!!
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:39 pm

sausage than a egg wrote:I thought maskell wasn't coming!!!!!

Tou may well be right about this. My info came from the Reading Post more than a week ago.
Would very much like to see more spectators through the turnstiles - after all what ever else the team may be, they're rarely dull!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:00 am

With South Reading already having sown up the title it would be good to borrow some of the SR lads at RT for the remainder of the season, so getting in Shane Maskell alongside Spence to add to the firepower certainly would make sense and help the team who are struggling to win games at present...another draw today which isn't really good enough, and Carterton getting another win is making an exciting but uncomfortable finish to the season for the Scours Lane regulars.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:26 pm

KoshiSRFC wrote:With South Reading already having sown up the title it would be good to borrow some of the SR lads at RT for the remainder of the season, so getting in Shane Maskell alongside Spence to add to the firepower certainly would make sense and help the team who are struggling to win games at present...another draw today which isn't really good enough, and Carterton getting another win is making an exciting but uncomfortable finish to the season for the Scours Lane regulars.

I think that depends on how much the selectors wish to upset members of the existing squad who have always made themselves available. Playing only on Saturday afternoons is a far cry from making additional long trips on cold wet Tuesday evenings for instance. The Youth team players are adapting well since their introduction and will play a part in RTFC's future - supported by the best of the existing squad.
Resilience has been evident in the last 3 performances and the team spirit is much better than pre-xmas.
The fans will support the Club and the players selected - all we ask is that they work hard and enjoy themselves in the process!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 am

Well as i've not watched the games i can't really comment on if the team are playing better or not, but what i do know is that without turning these performances into wins they could well be drawn into a relegation scrap which didn't seem likely a week or so ago with Carterton now seemingly turning the corner and Bracknell getting a big win against Binfield, and Witney with some games in hand it's now time for RT to show their metal as league tables don't lie at the end of the season.

As for the saturday players not all wanting all the travel involved with this level of football that maybe true with some but Raymond Spence amongst others have done it before...it might just be a short term fix as relegation this season would be a total disaster.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down