Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of season awards.

3 posters

Go down

End of season awards. Empty End of season awards.

Post  BRAMLEY Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 am

Views please on the following:-

Best fans who came to Scours Lane?

Best fans on our travels?

Best clubhouse?

Best food?

Best playing surface?

Best away Manager/Assistant Manager?

Funniest moment?

Favourite song/chant?
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

End of season awards. Empty Re: End of season awards.

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Best fans who came to Scours Lane: A Chalfont Wasps fan who was screaming like made (maybe one for Britain’s got Talent)

Best fans on our travels: Highworth were a great laugh when they were singing midway through the first and then in the 2nd half. We were calling them rabbits, taking the pi$$ out of their dugouts which had wheels on and singing you’ve only had one song. Their response was (screaming and wanting to be on the camera plus they did sing back)

Best clubhouse: Hook Norton's new clubhouse was very spacious with very comfortable seating and also a large TV to see the live football.

Best food: BRAMLEY it's just too hard to chose with Bicester, Shortwood, Milton, Hooky, Marlow/Flackwell all providing great food.

Best playing surface: I thought that Abingdon Town pitch looked in great shape when we visited early in the season.

Best away Manager/Assistant Manager: I thought the Bicester Manager (Tim Flower) was very funny with him becoming friends with the linesman which BRAMLEY highlighted.

Funniest moment: Has to be the Flackwell Keeper bigging it up, making seal noises, interviewing spectators whilst playing and getting a little bit to emotional when he received some banter from us.

Favourite song/chant: At Scours Lane at Scours all those songs and all those goals.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass-man Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:56 am

Best fans who came to Scours Lane? Witney at home with 30-40 was excellent and to score late on made it more special.

Best fans on our travels? Agree that Highworth made for a bit of atmosphere

Best clubhouse? Hook Norton/Fairford Town

Best food? Fairford Town

Best playing surface? Fairford Town/Almondsbury Town/Carterton early season/Shortwood/Milton Utd/Scours Lane (after it rains)

Best away Manager/Assistant Manager? Andy Lyne Witney manager proper gent, football man/ John at Shortwood and Alan Clarke/Kevin at Hungerford are decent blokes.

Funniest moment? Scott Rees and shampoo gate (ask him or Brooksy)

Favourite song/chant? Da da dadu oh Glenn Goudie da da dadu oh Glenn goudie (best song for any player/coach)
Ass-man
Ass-man

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Mon May 04, 2009 6:34 pm

Best fans who came to Scours Lane: Witney & Hungerford for quantity but Headington Amateurs were the most enthusiastic on the terraces.

Best fans on our travels: Highworth seemed to enjoy the banter and sang plenty of songs in response, whilst Milton fans were the kindest and hope we can play there again next season.

Best clubhouse: Hook Norton's new clubhouse was excellent and the local brew well worth sampling.

Best food: A tough call but my nomination goes to Hook Norton for their burgers and Shortwood for their bacon rolls - quality. Best Bovril came from Milton and Flackwell Heath.

Best playing surface: Scours Lane early season would be up there amongst the best and Witney looked pretty decent.

Best away Manager/Assistant Manager: Karlton Stratford at Hook Norton understood what non league was all about and I wish him a full recovery from his recent leg fracture. Tim Fowler managed to inspire Bicester to some excellent late season results that should be applauded.

Funniest moment: The referees tumble at Hook Norton was accepted with smiles from the official and I guess my own stumbling on the Highworth terraces must have amused a few. Flackwell and Marlow goalkeepers tended to throw their toys out of the playpen with the Flackwell lad just edging it for me with his sound effects.

Favourite song/chant: "Ohhhh we do like to be beside the Thames Side"
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down