Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shortwood 2-0 Reading Town Tuesday Night

3 posters

Go down

Shortwood 2-0 Reading Town Tuesday Night Empty Shortwood 2-0 Reading Town Tuesday Night

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:59 am

The Reading boys play Shortwood away this Tuesday night, Shortwood are 4th in the league with 40 points. Both teams will be looking forward to playing football again as the snow has effeceted most games and I also look forward to the match as well. Shortwood are cofident of the game going ahead after posting on their forum and it's sunny here in Reading so the weather is improving!!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Shortwood 2-0 Reading Town Tuesday Night Empty Re: Shortwood 2-0 Reading Town Tuesday Night

Post  lawnfan Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 am

I am hopefull this game goes ahead, and I can meet you legendry barmy army, I am a recent convert from FGRFC to Shortwood, normaly quite a few from FGR turn up but sadly they have a minor FA Cup 3rd round to play away Very Happy , but I am sure a few will still turn up.

Hope your voices are in good tune for the big game, christ i have missed football so much.

See you all Tuesday.

Pat

lawnfan

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Shortwood 2-0 Reading Town Tuesday Night Empty Re: Shortwood 2-0 Reading Town Tuesday Night

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:51 am

I have just got back from the game and what adventure getting there and back. The first bit of the journey was ok and where we were going in the right direction so no problems. But then the nightmare began the Google directions were [****] (which I won't be using again) so it was a guessing game of where to turn next. After asking several people on the way, about how to get to the ground some people were useful telling right directions, other locals sent us the wrong when we were going the right way, so we had to turn round and go up the road we just went down which was annoying. In the end we got there at 7:30pm and surprisingly got there before the start of the match which was great considering we had stopped for directions.

Ok now to the action and both teams had some half chances and some shots which went slightly wide. Shortwood took the lead with about 10 minutes to go in the half when a dangerous free kick was swung into the box and it found the back of the net, not sure if any player got a touch to it, will have study the video footage. Second half more of the same with some chances created by each side but Shortwood scored another goal midway though thanks to an unfortunate own goal after the player was trying to clear the ball off the line whilst running back.

On the way back, BRAMLEY'S car got stuck in the mud and so I got out to push, which did the trick and we set off. We thought we went the wrong way as we were going up a bendy road and it didn’t look familiar but by luck it took us to the correct roundabout. The rest of the journey is history and I am just glad I made it home.

Look forward to Saturday’s game against Fairford at home and hopefully I don't need to ask for directions Laughing .

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:10 am

I went up the bendy road as well,as my sat nav couldn't get a signal, glad it was the right way!(that was some hill)

Poor game for me! not alot in it 1st half,2nd half RT didn't get to grips playing into the wind! too many passes falling short! make the pitch smaller guys in that wind! compact!

Yet another poor ref(as ever)
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down