Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town (28th March)

2 posters

Go down

Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town (28th March) Empty Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town (28th March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:37 am

The Reading Town boys face a long trip to Shortwood who are 2nd in the Hellenic League. Shortwood are unbeaten in their last 3 games winning 2 and drawing 1. Going to the game cya all there!!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town (28th March) Empty Re: Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town (28th March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:40 am

Before we even set off for the journey it was nice and sunny but would that last for long?? Anyway we got a little bit lost due to Roland's sat nav telling we reached are destination (well it can't of been as it was a narrow road.) So we turned back and asked a passer by where the ground was and he kindly gave us directions (that’s what I call a sat nav......knows the area well Laughing ) It turned out that the passer by who gave us direction was a Shortwood fan as we saw him walking into the ground car park. The car park was interesting as it was also a caravan park and there was quite a few of them there.

Anyway let’s talk about the First half!! Reading Town had most of the chances which saw either the keeper saving or them going wide of the goal. Shortwood only had one real chance in the 1st half which was nearer then end and it saw Chris Grace make a smart save.

Half time I treated myself to a Bacon Roll which was very tasty and also got hot mug of tea Razz .

Second half saw the Reading produce some more chances in front of goal with the keeper making some terrific saves or a player unable to stretch further enough to poke the ball into the back of the net. Shortwood then created themselves an opportunity but the effort fizzed over. The two sides had some more chances to take the lead but it stayed 0-0. Brooksy was then given his second yellow after arguing with the ref so the Town were down to 10 men for the reaming 15 minutes. Even with 10 men the Town kept pushing and nearly went ahead but the ball brushed the side netting and it also saw Scotty have an ambitious effort which went fairly close. Shortwood had 2 more opportunities but none of them got past Chris Grace.

A good performance and a good point on the road. Could have snatched all three points maybe with the amount of chances we had in the 2nd half.

The weather wasn't great as it was [******] freezing and it rained for a bit!!!

Thanks for the lift Roland!!

I look forward to the Tuesday game home to Almondsbury Town

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town (28th March) Empty Re: Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town (28th March)

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:22 am

Just found this report from a "Groundhopper" LOL!!

Re: [villahopper] Saturday 28th March 2009 - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town
Hellenic Premier

Admission: £5 (inc basic programme)
Tea: 50p (proper cup)
Attendance: 67

Reading had the better of this game, the home keeper was certainly the busier including one excellent save from a long shot dipping just under the bar. A sending off for Reading with 15 minutes to play made for an interesting finish, with both sides creating chances. Not a great game, but I've seen worse. My first consecutive 0-0 scorelines for 15 years (albeit less games than some here manage in a season). Only six goals in the last six games including three finishing 0-0 and no away goals there.

Ground itself is tucked away up some narrow lanes at the back end of Nailsworth. A newish stand shows it is possible to do something a bit different with basic materials, the clubhouse and locals offer a very good welcome (plus an overhand with some more cover). There is a good refreshment hut, keen to point out the quality of their meat (although I didn't partake) and the views over the pitch are excellent thanks to the elevated position of the stand. Good views accross the area too, including The New Lawn. Heard all four home goals there too. One I'd certainly consider a revist in the not too distant future.

A certain pair didn't go down too well with the home fans, though they were more of the quiet grumble and be thankful that it's once a season type. I did get asked a couple of times how frequently this occurs.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:29 am

BRAMLEY wrote:Just found this report from a "Groundhopper" LOL!!

Re: [villahopper] Saturday 28th March 2009 - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shortwood United 0-0 Reading Town
Hellenic Premier

Admission: £5 (inc basic programme)
Tea: 50p (proper cup)
Attendance: 67

Reading had the better of this game, the home keeper was certainly the busier including one excellent save from a long shot dipping just under the bar. A sending off for Reading with 15 minutes to play made for an interesting finish, with both sides creating chances. Not a great game, but I've seen worse. My first consecutive 0-0 scorelines for 15 years (albeit less games than some here manage in a season). Only six goals in the last six games including three finishing 0-0 and no away goals there.

Ground itself is tucked away up some narrow lanes at the back end of Nailsworth. A newish stand shows it is possible to do something a bit different with basic materials, the clubhouse and locals offer a very good welcome (plus an overhand with some more cover). There is a good refreshment hut, keen to point out the quality of their meat (although I didn't partake) and the views over the pitch are excellent thanks to the elevated position of the stand. Good views accross the area too, including The New Lawn. Heard all four home goals there too. One I'd certainly consider a revist in the not too distant future.

A certain pair didn't go down too well with the home fans, though they were more of the quiet grumble and be thankful that it's once a season type. I did get asked a couple of times how frequently this occurs.

I have no idea who is talking about when he says "A certain pair didn't go down too well with the home fans" Laughing
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:07 am

The Barmy Army would like to thank Roland for transporting them to and from Shortwood yesterday.
Enjoyable day in beautiful surroundings and a very pleasing result.
Thanks also go to the Shortwood staff and fans for their hospitality. Food was also top class.
Best of fortune for the last lap of the season.
Looking forward now to hosting Almonds on Tuesday evening and possibly their choir?
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down