Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ardley United 1-4 Reading Town 2nd March

3 posters

Go down

Ardley United 1-4 Reading Town 2nd March Empty Ardley United 1-4 Reading Town 2nd March

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:00 pm

The Reading boys face Ardley United this Tuesday and kick off is at 19:30. I am not to sure if I will be able to get to this match and if thats the case I wish all the boys the best of luck. I will post on nearer to kick off, to say if I will be attending the game.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Ardley United 1-4 Reading Town 2nd March Empty Re: Ardley United 1-4 Reading Town 2nd March

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Just to let you know I will be at the game 2night, so cya all there!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ardley United 1-4 Reading Town 2nd March Empty Re: Ardley United 1-4 Reading Town 2nd March

Post  Koshi Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:21 am

Just come to say a biggggg well done to RT for smashing Ardley 1-4 tonight....The Almonds also won by the same scoreline unfortunatley, but both Wantage and Shortwood drew and lost respectively as they more or less now crash out of the title challenge.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:33 am

A excellent performance from the lads tonight, I will post my thoughts on here once I have done the match video, otherwise I won't get name of the scorers right and things may not be in the correct order.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:01 am

Ardley United 1-4 Reading Town

Reading Town had the early opportunities in the first half with Scott Rees going close with an effort which went wide of the right hand post. Two more efforts for the Town with Tucker dropping a cross and also Scott Rees having a shot from distance. The Reading boys were awarded for their early pressure when Aaron Parfitt scored straight from the corner, to make it 1-0 to the visitors. The Reading boys continued to dominate and this saw James Clark shot go whizzing just past the post and also have a one on one with the keeper but Tucker blocked well to keep it out of the goal. The Reading boys doubled their lead in the 18th minute when James Clark found the bottom left hand corner to make it 2-0. More chances were to follow for the Town with Dean Thomas having a shot was saved and also a header going over from a corner kick. Ardley United had a cross go and both sets of players jumped for the ball but Chris Grace smothered it and made sure it was his. Several more chances for the Town which saw Tucker make a saves and also the ball going wide of the goal. Ardley United has two chances one which was straight at Chris Grace was easily saved, the other a free-kick, where the ball was going for the bottom left hand corner but Grace dived to his left and pushed it away. Just before the break The Town made it 3-0 when Parfitt set up Scott Rees and he fired it past Tucker in the Ardley goal.

The second half saw more of the same of what was witnessed with the first half with the Town carving out some good chances. Aaron Parfitt had a crack at goal with his curling shot which was well tipped onto the post by the home keeper and he managed to collect the ball after it came off the post. Ardley pulled a goal back when they were awarded a free kick in the 70th minute and it was slotted into the bottom left hand corner. The Town nearly made it 4-1 from a free-kick when Mark Hughes headed the ball back and it came to Dean Thomas who headed over the bar by a few inches. Down the other end Ardley United had a free-kick on the right hand side, and the shot didn’t go too far wide. The Reading boys ended the night in style with Dean Thomas holding the ball up, he then passed it to Parfitt who skipped past the defender then rounded off the keeper which saw him shoot at a very acute angle and it was blocked on the line…….the ball came out to Danny Williamson who fired it past the 2 defenders and the keeper on the line.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Cracking result and revenge had on Ardley. Hopefully the lads have got the winning feeling back now and can keep it up.

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down