Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milton United 1-1 Reading Town (28th Feb)

3 posters

Go down

Milton United 1-1 Reading Town (28th Feb) Empty Milton United 1-1 Reading Town (28th Feb)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:54 pm

The Reading boys play Milton United this weekend. Milton have recently appointed a new manager (Any Bone) with assist manager "Banjo” Malcolm after Kevin Lloyd stood down and he becomes a member of the Milton United committee. Milton are 3rd from bottom on 23 points with a goal difference of -31. They have lost their last 3 games conceding 14 and netting only 3. Both sides will want be looking to get three points as Milton could get out of bottom four if other teams around them lose and Reading Town will want to get back to winning ways. So should be an entertaining game to watch and also another ground I will be visiting plus I have heard that the playing surface is excellent.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Milton United 1-1 Reading Town (28th Feb) Empty Re: Milton United 1-1 Reading Town (28th Feb)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:58 am

I would say a fair result today. Reading Town had some good chances early on which they didn't convert but their keeper did make some good saves in goal. Milton scored just before the break when the ball was neatly put away into the bottom left hand corner which was probably their first threatening effort on goal. 2nd half both teams had their fair share of chances infront of goal. Milton were then reduced down to 10 men after one of their players recieved a 2nd yellow card in about the 70th minute. Not long after Reading Town were awarded a penalty after Graham was fouled in the box and David Mills stepped up, who smashed it into the back of the net to make it 1-1. There was a few chances late on but the teams shared the points.

A great bunch of fans who loved the banter and having a laugh with us. Nice playing surface so not suprised that Oxford United train on it. Lovely burgers there aswell so all in all a great day out. So thanks very much Milton for making us feel welcome and good luck for the rest of the season.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Milton United 1-1 Reading Town (28th Feb) Empty Re: Milton United 1-1 Reading Town (28th Feb)

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:25 am

I'll echo that - a fine afternoon out with Milton staff and fans excellent hosts.
Very good playing surface and the appropriate result.
Thank you Milton and enjoy the remainder of the season.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:47 am

What a load of cobblers....a poxy draw away to relegation fodder! who were even reduced to 10 men, well it's just as well there is nothing to play for i guess as that wouldn't have been acceptable otherwise. Meanwhile, Hungerford and Shortwood march on with wins to fight out the title. Still it seems a couple of the Reading fans enjoyed their day out in the sun.
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down