Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 2-0 Newport Pagnell Town (B&B Final 28th April)

5 posters

Go down

Reading Town 2-0 Newport Pagnell Town (B&B Final 28th April) Empty Reading Town 2-0 Newport Pagnell Town (B&B Final 28th April)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:25 am

Both sets of players, managers and fans will be up for it as it's such a special occasion to be apart of so should hopefully be an entertaining game!!

I will be bringing my camera to take photos of before, during and after the match (which I will publish on the website sometime after the game.) I am also bringing my video camera to capture all the events on camera (which will also be posted on the website.) The Pink Panther will there be supporting the Reading boys on Tuesday night and he will be bringing a wide range of inflatable’s as well.

PS: The minibus leaves at 6pm from Scours Lane Car Park. Please note NO singing on the Minibus!!! Apart from BRAMLEY!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:55 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : To cheer up BRAMLEY)
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 2-0 Newport Pagnell Town (B&B Final 28th April) Empty Re: Reading Town 2-0 Newport Pagnell Town (B&B Final 28th April)

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:53 pm

RTFC Barmy Army wrote: Please note NO singing on the Minibus!!!

WHAT!!!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 2-0 Newport Pagnell Town (B&B Final 28th April) Empty Re: Reading Town 2-0 Newport Pagnell Town (B&B Final 28th April)

Post  Koshi Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Well lets hope the boys can win this trophy it will be something positive to end the season with after an indifferent year.

Also congrats to Woodley Town who secured the Reading League title and look set to join the Hellenic division one east next season.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:08 pm

Off topic but...

Koshi wrote:Also congrats to Woodley Town who secured the Reading League title and look set to join the Hellenic division one east next season.

Well done to them indeed. They've had quite a successful season haven't they? Got to a few cup finals as well as winning the league. Will maybe try to get to one of their games next season if they're in One East and I've got a Saturday free when they're at home. I take it they'll still be playing in Charvil?
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:28 pm

My thoughts of the game will be coming soon!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:42 pm

A fantastic result and a performance that deserved the win, a big well done to all the players and staff.

Also a big thank you to the club for providing transport to and from the game.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:00 am

1st half: The Reading boys were the dominant force with dangerous crosses being pinged into the box which saw their keeper being brought into action. Mike Hancock got the opening goal in the 31st minute with a well directed header into the bottom right hand corner to make it 1-0 to the Reading boys. This saw Reading create some more decent opportunities with Aaron Parfitt having his shot palmed around the pots. Newport Pagnell didn't have many chances to speak of.

2nd half and Newport Pagnell Town were looking to get forward which saw the Reading boys put them under pressure, didn't give them any time on the ball, good blocking and also excellent challenges/tackles. So the few chances Pagnell Town did have they were mainly all off target. With not long to go in the game Reading had a chance to make it 3-0 but their keeper pulled off a great save to keep the score at 2-0. Soon after the ref blew his whistle for Full Time which saw the team in a huddle dancing and singing like mad!! Well done to the management and the players who thoroughly deserved the win last night.

Lastly I would like to say thanks to Roland for organising the minibus travel and also thanks to the driver of the mini bus Colin!!! Also the half time food was probably the best I have come across this season and that's tough with the likes of Shortwood, Hooky etc providing such tasty burgers and chips.

How Newport Pagnell Town Reported the game Link http://www.nptfc.co.uk/newsite/index.html
Newport Pagnell Town Website wrote: 29th April - The First Team last night went down 2-0 in the Final of the Berks & Bucks County Cup. In a scrappy game neither goalkeeper had much to do as the end of a long season took it's toll on both teams. Reading won the game thanks to a first half header and a second half penalty. On Saturday we travel to Long Buckby for the last game of the season knowing that a win will guarantee runners up spot in the league.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Evening Post report and a few photos.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 2-0 Newport Pagnell Town (B&B Final 28th April) Empty newport who

Post  scotty rees Fri May 01, 2009 12:05 am

just to clear it up it wernt a scappy game with all the football played by us never looked like letting a goal in nd we never looked like losing. we won because we were the better team and a shame there no 8 is such a sore loser tryin to cause a fight at the end with me cause i told him he could finaly get out my pocket chin up 8

scotty rees

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Fri May 01, 2009 3:37 am

Ha Ha - if you had been weighed after the match you would have been well over 20 stone Scott!!
Well proud of all of you for doing the biz.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun May 03, 2009 4:47 am

This is a report from Grassroots on the Newport Pagnell Forum.

Vs Reading Town (B & B Trophy Final)
« Thread Started on Apr 30, 2009, 6:20pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Berks & Bucks FA Senior Trophy
Final

Reading Town 2 - 0 Newport Pagnell Town

Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Newport missed out on county silverware for the second season running as a goal in each half gave the Hellenic League outfit the trophy.

Reading had most of the play in the first half. Reading threaten early on when a cross was whipped in for the header to go wide. Then not long after another cross came in but was dealt with by Thropy. Newport did respond with a couple of crosses, one when Darren Lynch headed over then Fletch heading wide from a corner. But it was Reading that took the lead after more threats from crosses. Mike Hanthingy put Reading in front after 34 minutes when he met a cross with a well placed header.

Newport Pagnell did manage to get more into the game in the second half. But it was Reading who doubled there advantage when Fletch was judged to handle the ball. Aaron Parfitt's converted the spot kick ten minutes into the second half.

With the introduction of Jordan and Kwarzi this gave Newport more strength up front. This showed when Jordan had a shot go wide then Kwarzi shoot over. Some very physical tackling from Reading put a stop to a lot of Newport attacks. Vinny also won the ball for the keeper to collide with him but the foul was given against Vinny.

Bruce was forced to make 2 quality saves to keep Reading down to 2 goals.

More attack from the Swans where swiftly dealt with by the Reading defence.

With various injuries, this made it a tough game for Newport Pagnell with key players missing and unable to play to there best.
Unlucky to the lads, it wasn’t your night.

We did have some entertainment during the game from the three lads behind the goal singing. I wonder who writes their songs. They could have a chart hit!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sun May 03, 2009 6:55 am

Mike Hanthingy? Very Happy
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun May 03, 2009 9:05 am

Mike Hanthingy is because the Newport Pagnell forum picks up on certain words and substitutes an alternative.
Could be a lot of fun when Arsenal play Scunthorpe!!

ps:- I've just tried it on their forum with an amusing result LOL!!

Last edited by BRAMLEY on Sun May 03, 2009 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : post script added.)
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down