Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 2-2 Hungerford Town (16th April)

2 posters

Go down

Reading Town 2-2 Hungerford Town (16th April) Empty Reading Town 2-2 Hungerford Town (16th April)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Looking very forward to tomorrows night’s game with Hungerford getting back to winning ways by beating Kiddy 5-1 away last night and the Reading boys winning their last 2 games which have seen them score 7 goals.

So if your not too busy (Koshi) pop down to Scours Lane were all the exciting action will be taking place Exclamation

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 2-2 Hungerford Town (16th April) Empty Re: Reading Town 2-2 Hungerford Town (16th April)

Post  Koshi Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:35 am

Had this game penciled in a month or so back, but apart from the last two wins, form wobbled before that and a top 5 finish was all but lost. I hope the boys win though, as beating Hungerford will be a big win and i'm sure Shortwood will appreciate it. I will probably give the game a miss as i will want to save my drinking for friday night instead as i'm off to Selsey for the weekend Wink

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 2-2 Hungerford Town (16th April) Empty Re: Reading Town 2-2 Hungerford Town (16th April)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:53 am

1st half: The Reading boys got off to a dream start to make it 1-0 with Danny Williamson taking an early shot which found the bottom right hand corner past the keeper in the first few minutes. The Reds kept up the pressure with a player firing over from close range and also the ball hitting the post and coming out again which fell to Hungerford player who cleared the ball away. Hungerford didn't have many shots and that was due to Reading boys blocking, cutting out balls, clearing it well, being well organised and getting to the first and second ball etc. The Reading boys doubled their lead to make it 2-0 when Sam Flegg's free-kick was well placed into the bottom right hand corner.

2nd half and Hungerford scored early on to make the score line 2-1. The Reading boys were looking for the 3rd goal which saw the Hungerford keeper make some good saves. Hungerford found the equalizer 20 minutes in with a fizzing free-kick which hit the underside of the bar and into the top left hand corner. Hungerford had a chance to go ahead after that but Chris Grace saved well to keep the scores level. Afterwards this saw the Reading boys have some more chances in front of goal which saw their keeper in action again. Hungerford were still plucking away which saw an effort go wide (and some of their fans thought they had scored but they hadn't.) The Reading boys had other chances later on but couldn't find the winner.

I thought it was a very enjoyable match last night with superb goals being scored and a fair result in the end.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 pm

With a recent draw with Shortwood and now a draw with Hungerford it just shows that Reading Town are capable on their day to compete with the best teams....unfortunately though it's the inconsistent results against the bad teams that have been their undoing...oh well roll on next season.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down