Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairford Town 2-2 Reading Town (18th April)

2 posters

Go down

Fairford Town 2-2 Reading Town (18th April) Empty Fairford Town 2-2 Reading Town (18th April)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:17 am

Just like to say what an entertaining game it was on Thursday night and were a little bit unfortunate to grab all three points. This is the last game of the season for Fairford so they will probably want to win it to end their season on a high. I won’t be able to make this game as I am watching my sister and her boyfriend roll down a hill in a big bubble in Ware. All the best to the Reading boys tomorrow Exclamation

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Fairford Town 2-2 Reading Town (18th April) Empty Fairford Town 2 vs Reading Town 2

Post  Ass-man Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:24 am

A first half goal from Micheal Hancock and a 85th min strike by Graham Lewis gave a below par Town side a point away at Fairford. A defensive mistake on the edge of the Reading allowed for a neat finish from the edge of the box to put the home side ahead. Reading responded when Hancock headed home following a Saurez deadball. With half time looming, Town had to withdraw fullback Will Bratt with James Clark, after he recieved a knock however within minutes Fairford scored their second when Town were caught square at the back and a straight ball cut the Town defence and it was left for a Fairford striker to chip the ball over the advancing Chris Grace in the Reading goal. In a carbon copy of Town performance against Hungerford ,the Fairford defence were pegged back for long periods and Scott Rees hit the crossbar from 22 yds with the keeper rooted to the spot. Fairford created a couple of half chances on the counter but they were denied all three points when Lewis stole in behind the home defence after latching onto a Clark pass and showed great composure to beat the keeper from 14 yds.

Grace,Bratt( Clark 42),Flegg, Hancock, Gelrades, Saurez (Riccio 70),Rees,Mills,Parfitt, Lewis, Williamson

We missed the Barmy Army today. There was a group of teenagers ready for you and together I think it would have made for a good atmosphere. Nice ground and good hospitality. One of the nicer places we have visited this year.
Ass-man
Ass-man

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down