Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Binfield 3-3 Reading Town (3-4 agg)

5 posters

Go down

Binfield 3-3 Reading Town (3-4 agg) Empty Binfield 3-3 Reading Town (3-4 agg)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:37 pm

The Reading boys travel to Binfield to play their local rivals in the second legg of the Floodlit Cup. The weather outside is great at the moment with sunshine and the weather forecast for today is meant to stay that way, so don't think the game will be postponed like last time. I am looking forward to the game and Binfield fans always like the banter, plus their keeper loves it as well!!!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Binfield 3-3 Reading Town (3-4 agg) Empty Re: Binfield 3-3 Reading Town (3-4 agg)

Post  sausage than a egg Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 am

Forget the score for a moment!!!

Just witnessed the worst referring displays you would see for years!

Having watched nearly all home and away games,i understand about the standard of the officials in this league-simply shocking!!

But today we have put the bar alittle, in fact alot HIGHER with this display!!!

Unacceptable at this level,in fact any level,not good enough by along shot! 4 sent off,how many bookings!!! for what!!!

On the game! all i can say is well done boys,3 down to get back level,to win 4-3!!

Unlucky Binfield,i feel for ya!!
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Binfield 3-3 Reading Town (3-4 agg) Empty Re: Binfield 3-3 Reading Town (3-4 agg)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 am

Firstly just like to say well done to all the players and managment for having the fighting spirit and the grit determination to come back from 3-0 down to make it 3-3 and win 4-3 on aggregate. A great display from everyone it has to be said, everyone ran their socks off tonight. I won't mention the refereeing display (which I never do anyway) as it would just take away how well the Reading boys played tonight to go through to the Final and I want to focus on the match performance and not the refs.

If you didn't go to the game there were 4 sending offs for Binfield.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass-man Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:17 am

Cracking match. Less said abot the referee the better. Reading had 5 players booked but NO sending offs.

Credit to the Binfield management and majority of players who were full of praise of our performance.

Nice hospitality from a well run club.
Ass-man
Ass-man

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:51 am

Match Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYbfGHPQpK0
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 am

For a neutral fan, I guess it must have been entertaining, but for Binfield & Reading fans very frustrating.
Suffice to say that the referee just had to be noticed and achieved this at the expense of the players.
Yes, it was a tough combative game - nobody expected anything else, but many of the decisions were a complete mystery to all and sundry.
The repect programme has my support but I am somehow left with the feeling that certain referees need to take a long hard look at themselves.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  hughesy Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:00 am

i do think the referee 'lost it' late in the game but at the same time binfield were their own worst enemies by continually abusing him. I think the first red card was definately harsh but all the others were, in my opinion, fair. Like them or loath them they are there to do a job and yes he may have got a little card happy towards the end of the game but not many of us would appreciate the stick he was getting.

anyone know what went on in the car park after the game?

its a shame that the refs performance has taken the gloss off an amazing fightback by the reading boys - i was very proud of my team for showing the fighting spirit that we have been lacking over recent weeks - well done lads and keep it up!

hughesy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down