Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mills back at Scours Lane

2 posters

Go down

Mills back at Scours Lane Empty Mills back at Scours Lane

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:08 am

Just like to say the best of luck to Scotty Hodgetts who has signed for Henley Town and also Ray Spence who is set to sign a contract for a team in Cyprus. Last of all good signing, who will recieve a warm welcome and also good chance to make another song Wink

Taken from: http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/goalpost/s/2044709_mills_back_at_scours_lane

The Reading Evening Post by Ralph Webb wrote:Reading Town have snapped up Henley Town skipper Dave Mills for the rest of the Hellenic League Premier Division campaign.Mills enjoyed a successful spell at Scours Lane before following Roddy Slater to Henley at the start of last season.But Reading manager Colin Millard has persuaded the midfielder to return, strengthening an already impressive squad.Millard said: “I felt that the squad needed freshening up again with one or two new faces.“I want and I need to keep everyone on their toes, so, despite our excellent form, I felt it necessary to add extra competition in our midfield ranks.“Dave also brings with him a raft of experience at this level, while his attitude and determination I believe will push us on to the next level as we go forward.”

Millard added: “There are maybe one or two other things happening, but we are waiting on responses.”Town could be on the lookout for a new striker as Ray Spence looks set to sign a professional contract with a team in Cyprus.But Town goalkeeper Scott Hodgetts is heading in the other direction. Hodgetts signed for Reading Town in August 2007 and he made over 40 appearence last season.This season he has slipped behind Chris Grace in the pecking order and has been restricted to a handful of games, so Henley boss Slater snapped him up for his Division 1 East side.

Reading Town are due to visit fellow Premier high-fliers Almondsbury Town tomorrow night.Millard, whose side has now gone 11 games unbeaten, said: “The Almondsbury game remains on at this moment in time. “The weather forecast is pretty much dry between now and Saturday so if that is the case then Saturday’s game at home to Shrivenham will be on.”
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Mills back at Scours Lane Empty Re: Mills back at Scours Lane

Post  Koshi No2 Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:04 am

It will be sad to see Ray Spence leaving as he's been great for RT....but good luck to him in Cyprus...anyone know which team it is in Cyprus?
Will you be making the journey to Almondsbury tomorrow John?
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down