Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading YMCA

3 posters

Go down

Reading YMCA Empty Reading YMCA

Post  Koshi No2 Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:42 pm

Not exactly Reading Town related, but can someone confirm that YMCA's home ground is Scours Lane, or is it a temporary base? The reason i ask is that they are currently second in the Reading League which means they could actually join the Hellenic League, but i'm not sure they have applied or not. it could make a nice derby game in the future. Wink
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Reading YMCA Empty Re: Reading YMCA

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:56 am

I am almost certain they play at Scours Lane for their home games but not sure if it's their permanent base. Played them in the last 2 pre-seasons games which saw the Town thrash them 6 or 7-0.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 am

Wasn't that team of theirs made up of reserves though or players missing? In any case they are a better team this year. I wouldn't mind seeing a round robin tournament between Reading Town and the winners of the Reading League and the winners of the Sunday League. Its not high profile clubs but i think it might attract a fairly decent turnout considering those teams have followings too which would be local.
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:06 am

Boza wrote:Wasn't that team of theirs made up of reserves though or players missing? In any case they are a better team this year. I wouldn't mind seeing a round robin tournament between Reading Town and the winners of the Reading League and the winners of the Sunday League. Its not high profile clubs but i think it might attract a fairly decent turnout considering those teams have followings too which would be local.

That's not a bad idea to have a tournament with some of the Reading Saturday and Sunday League clubs. You can have six teams in one league who play each other once. Then the top 2 play each other in a final to battle it out for the SLC (Scours Lane Cup Exclamation )
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:21 am

I actually think its a good idea too that the cream of the local sides create a little super league. Where all games could be played at Scours Lane. Reading Town are obviously the best non league team in Reading but a mini league like that would show just how far they are against the likes of Reading YMCA,Woodley Town,Stevie B's and Whitley Tavern. i like the local football and get down to watch the Tavern play when i can.

By the way Combesy how long has this site been open it was closed last time i looked, and did you delete me off Facebook? Evil or Very Mad Neutral

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down