Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup)

4 posters

Go down

29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup) Empty 29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Reading Town travel all the way to Bishops Cleeve in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup this Saturday.Match Photos, Ground Photos, Match Video and Match Report will be posted some time after the game. Here are some picture of the ground, follow the link http://pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/bishop_s_cleeve.html.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup) Empty fa cup weekend

Post  hughesj13 Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:16 am

Will be there in spirit only. I've told my bro (Mark Hughes) that he's got to help the side through to the first round proper as I want to see Reading Town v Yeovil!

Is this the 1st Qualifying Round? The last round was the extra qualifying round if I'm not mistaken.
hughesj13
hughesj13

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup) Empty Re: 29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup)

Post  BenOBagels Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Preliminary Round tomorrow, winners qualify for the First Qualifying Round.

How's Alex McCarthy doing at Yeovil by the way?
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup) Empty Mark 'steel' hughes goalscorer extroadinare!!

Post  hughesj13 Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:29 am

Thanks. Alex is doing really well. He's had to gone straight in as no.1 keeper as Josh Wagener deceided not to renew his contract in the summer. He's not been helped by some rubbish defending lately!!
hughesj13
hughesj13

Back to top Go down

29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup) Empty Re: 29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup)

Post  Koshi Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:58 am

Alex McCarthy has also just been called into the England u21's squad for qualifiers against Macedonia and Greece so he must be doing enough.

Anyway back on topic....Good luck to the boys against the Bishops lets hope they can progress to the next round. Whats the furthest RT have progressed in the FA cup?

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Yeah, noticed that he's been called up, hopefully he carries on doing well for Yeovil and Yeovil have a good season, went down there to see a match against Carlisle a couple of years ago and found it a good place. Apart from the town being miles from the railway station. :p

Football Club History Database shows the club's record in the FA Cup. Made it to the first qualifying round twice, though it looks like there might wasn't an extra-preliminary round in those seasons, so they progressed through as many rounds 2002-03 and 2004-05 as in 1999-00 and 2000-01.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup) Empty fa cup weekend

Post  hughesj13 Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:39 pm

Everybody moans about the railway station being so far from the ground! The old stadium used to be in the middle of town (with the famous sloping pitch), but we moved in 1990 to the new ground. I was probably at the same game v Carlisle as my mum is a Carlisle fan and has had to stand in the Yeovil watching her team get beat. We beat them 2-1 a couple of seasons ago after being 1-0 down, was that the game?
hughesj13
hughesj13

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:11 am

Firstly I would like to thank the club for putting on coach travel for the fans for the FA Cup game today very much appreciated. Also many thanks to the coach driver for making it a comfortable/safe journey, also did very well getting into the ground condisidering it was a very tight angle.

Now to the action, in the first half both teams got off to a good start testing the keeper's out. The shots kept on coming with Bishop's Cleeve firing over the bar and James Clark making the keeper produce a good save one on one. The game didn't lack in shots with Scott Rees having a go at goal and also Aaron Parfitt who fired over. Reading Town were awared for their efforts when James Clark slotted it past the keeper in the 29th minute to give the Town a 1-0 lead. There was some more chances either end but the score stayed the same. Bishop's Cleeve created more chances for themselves after hitting the post and also the bar. Cleeve built up more pressure and this saw them awarded a penalty, after a player was fouled in the box and Bishop's Cleeve converted to make it 1-1 going into the break.

Second Half and Bishops Cleeve got an early go to make it 2-1. Reading Town's chances were very limited in the second half and so this saw Bishop's Cleeve on the attack. Not long after scoring their second goal it was made 3-1 after the ball was smashed into the box, only for it to come off Buck and go into the back of the net, a very unfortante own goal. Reading Town did have a couple of half chances but they either went over or were saved by the keeper. Bishop's Cleeve were looking for the fourth which saw an effort go past the post and also an effort which was palmed over by Chris Grace.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Previous Match Report wasn't very good after completing the match video!!!)
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 am

hughesj13 wrote:Everybody moans about the railway station being so far from the ground! The old stadium used to be in the middle of town (with the famous sloping pitch), but we moved in 1990 to the new ground. I was probably at the same game v Carlisle as my mum is a Carlisle fan and has had to stand in the Yeovil watching her team get beat. We beat them 2-1 a couple of seasons ago after being 1-0 down, was that the game?

Think it was 2-1, yeah. A Yeovil player (left-back I think it was) scored a pretty good free-kick.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

29th Aug Sat Bishops Cleeve 3-1 Reading Town (FA Cup) Empty yeovil v carlisle match

Post  hughesj13 Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:43 am

BenOBagels wrote:
hughesj13 wrote:Everybody moans about the railway station being so far from the ground! The old stadium used to be in the middle of town (with the famous sloping pitch), but we moved in 1990 to the new ground. I was probably at the same game v Carlisle as my mum is a Carlisle fan and has had to stand in the Yeovil watching her team get beat. We beat them 2-1 a couple of seasons ago after being 1-0 down, was that the game?

Think it was 2-1, yeah. A Yeovil player (left-back I think it was) scored a pretty good free-kick.

Yep, that's the game. Nathan Jones (now our player-assistant manager) scored a cracker to win it. I don't think he's scored since!!
hughesj13
hughesj13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down