Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 1-1 Binfield

+2
Koshi
RTFC Barmy Army
6 posters

Go down

Reading Town 1-1 Binfield Empty Reading Town 1-1 Binfield

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:13 am

The Reading boys take on Binfield once again at Scours Lane tomrrow afternoon and hopefully another good turnout with 93 supporters at the Lane last night.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 1-1 Binfield Empty Re: Reading Town 1-1 Binfield

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:14 am

Didn't go to the game in the end as the weather was looking ominous and just a bad feeling about the result beforehand, but as predicted by Koshi, it was the biggest gate of the season, it's just a pity the boys couldn't repeat the same result they had just 2 nights before.

Although Binfield are a much improved team of late it's still got to be considered two points dropped especially with the Almonds winning again. I'm just not confident anymore that RT can win at will like they were doing until recent weeks and with the Almonds now breathing down RT's necks with three games in hand it's starting to look worrying indeed.

As i missed this game Koshi will assess the situation by the time the home game with the Almonds comes around to see if i will go to this one. Will the boys show their hunger in the home straight and not let me down? Will they even finish second at this rate? It's either that or the Almonds falling to pieces over the coming weeks so atleast RT can try to take the 2 six pointers against them and do it that way.

Meanwhileeeeeee Woodley Town march on to an eighth straight win in HL div 1 east.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:58 am

Thoughts will follow later!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:12 am

Koshi wrote:Didn't go to the game in the end as the weather was looking ominous and just a bad feeling about the result beforehand, but as predicted by Koshi, it was the biggest gate of the season, it's just a pity the boys couldn't repeat the same result they had just 2 nights before.

Although Binfield are a much improved team of late it's still got to be considered two points dropped especially with the Almonds winning again. I'm just not confident anymore that RT can win at will like they were doing until recent weeks and with the Almonds now breathing down RT's necks with three games in hand it's starting to look worrying indeed.

As i missed this game Koshi will assess the situation by the time the home game with the Almonds comes around to see if i will go to this one. Will the boys show their hunger in the home straight and not let me down? Will they even finish second at this rate? It's either that or the Almonds falling to pieces over the coming weeks so atleast RT can try to take the 2 six pointers against them and do it that way.

Meanwhileeeeeee Woodley Town march on to an eighth straight win in HL div 1 east.

We certainly missed you Koshi - must re-align the sights on the rifle!!
So looking forward to your honourable presence and just can't imagine how the club has managed without you.
However, we are indebted for your pearls of wisdom on the Hellenic League as you can imagine.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:58 am

BRAMLEY wrote:
Koshi wrote:Didn't go to the game in the end as the weather was looking ominous and just a bad feeling about the result beforehand, but as predicted by Koshi, it was the biggest gate of the season, it's just a pity the boys couldn't repeat the same result they had just 2 nights before.

We certainly missed you Koshi - must re-align the sights on the rifle!!
So looking forward to your honourable presence and just can't imagine how the club has managed without you.
However, we are indebted for your pearls of wisdom on the Hellenic League as you can imagine.

Cheers old boy! it seems the team must be missing my guidance as the form has flopped in anticipation of my debut.

Talking of sights perhaps they should be re-aligned and fitted to the strikers boots instead so they can hit the bl00dy target a bit more! Still, Koshi just had a sneaky feeling that points would be dropped today, the worse thing is that the Almonds put Shrivelham to the sword and Shortwood haven't give up just yet either.

I still think RT can win the title but only if they can get back to their earlier season form starting with a big win against Flackwell Heath on Tuesday.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:19 am

Well. thanks for that Mr. Motivator - the lads will do their best to please you I'm sure.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:54 am

Laughing Lets hope so Brammers....you see i do set high standards to keep and squandering a 15 point? lead at the top wasn't what i was expecting even if some of my other predictions are spot on.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 am

Reading Town had the best of the chances early on which saw Parfitt shoot over and also Mike Hancock's header being saved. Although Binfield took on the lead when one of their players blasted it in from close range to make it 1-0. Binfield had another chance to increase their lead but the corner kick missed everyone in the box. Second half and Lucca Ricco went on a run which saw him skip past 4 players and his shot was blocked by Chris Adams. The Town got back into the game when a volley was struck past the keeper to make it 1-1. Hancock then went close with a header, which just spinned out for a goal kick. Near the end both teams had chances to nick all three points with balls being flashed across Adams goal and also saw Chris Grace made a superb save one on one. A good game and also a crowd of 123 which is great.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CraneGod Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 am

Yeah Grace's save was awesome on what looked to be a nailed-on goal.

Town should've had the game won before Binfield had even scored tho'....unfortunately, some wasteful stuff went on in front of goal.

An entertaining game, enhanced by the Binfield players bitching at eachother in the first half even when they had just scored.

I was part of the biggest crowd at Scours (since the Ted Cambridge Cup of a couple of seasons ago), the whole place is starting to shape up a bit and the Southern League could see plenty worse set-ups than Town join them. The Almonds games are rapidly becoming "must-wins"

CraneGod

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 am

Good to see Andrew coming along and singing for most of the match - hope your arm is feeling a little easier today after your injury.
As for Ben - "where were you?, where were you?"
Good banter with the Binfield supporters and impressed with the enthusiasm of the guy with the walking stick - top fella!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:03 am

One of the saving graces (no pun intended) is that Almondsbury have yet to finalize the ground grading needed to go up to the Southern League even if they do manage to win the title. They are currently looking at ground sharing with places like Yate Town or even sharing facilities with their local neighbours, North Bristol Rugby club as their own clubhouse at Oaklands is in doubt because their landlords want them out by may 31st to convert the clubhouse into some training centre for referees and physio's.

Now RT can't obviously rely on Almondsbury being refused to join the SL, not least as Shortwood can still nick it with their games in hand, so RT need to win the majority if not all their remaining games, or hope the Almonds crack under pressure, and Shortwood burn out with games in hand....i think the two games against the Almonds could be massive in deciding who the champs will be.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:21 pm

BRAMLEY wrote:As for Ben - "where were you?, where were you?"

Well the weather was looking a bit dodgy, and I had a bad feeling about the result, and the wind was blowing in the wrong direction, and the wrong sort of mud was on the path for my bike etc. Wink
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:49 pm

BenOBagels wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:As for Ben - "where were you?, where were you?"

Well the weather was looking a bit dodgy, and I had a bad feeling about the result, and the wind was blowing in the wrong direction, and the wrong sort of mud was on the path for my bike etc. Wink

Blimey! i see you had the same problems as old Koshi, Ben Cool

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 am

Despite the dissapointing result, I very much enjoyed my third visit to the Lane on Saturday. Binfield were a resolute side and proved difficult to break down, despte Town dominating possession they created to few clear cut chances. Town need to find the scoring touch once again and maintain a good run if they are to win promotion. I still feel its Town title to lose and they must finish strong to avoid letting Almondsbury and Shortwood in.

For a more indepth report of my views please visit my blog.

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:54 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:Despite the dissapointing result, I very much enjoyed my third visit to the Lane on Saturday. Binfield were a resolute side and proved difficult to break down, despte Town dominating possession they created to few clear cut chances. Town need to find the scoring touch once again and maintain a good run if they are to win promotion. I still feel its Town title to lose and they must finish strong to avoid letting Almondsbury and Shortwood in.

Good report Dan as always. Funny to hear you mention the wags and glad you're enjoying you're days out at Scours Lane.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:14 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:Despite the dissapointing result, I very much enjoyed my third visit to the Lane on Saturday. Binfield were a resolute side and proved difficult to break down, despte Town dominating possession they created to few clear cut chances. Town need to find the scoring touch once again and maintain a good run if they are to win promotion. I still feel its Town title to lose and they must finish strong to avoid letting Almondsbury and Shortwood in.

I have just read your blog, Dan - also made me chuckle about the WAGS in attendance.
Quite right about the cosmetics and a lick of paint would make a world of difference.
Hope you are coming to Scours on Tuesday evening for the next episode.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 am

BRAMLEY wrote:I have just read your blog, Dan - also made me chuckle about the WAGS in attendance.
Quite right about the cosmetics and a lick of paint would make a world of difference.
Hope you are coming to Scours on Tuesday evening for the next episode.

Unfortunately, Bramley I won't be in attendance as I coach a youth football team and Tuesday is training night. So due to RFC games and football coaching, my next game at the Lane will be the massive tie against Almondsbury on Saturday 10th April. Lets hope the results go Town's way before then and that we find ourselves in a good position to secure promotion. C'mon Town!

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:48 am

I just want to say what a great read your Blog was once again, Dan....very well written with some good detail of the match. I like the way you are inquisitive about the club (i've been asking questions for a few seasons myself) especially being a relative newbie. The infrastructure and commercial side of a club can be just as important as having a great team of players. It is also not a crime to say you are disappointed of a result if that's how you felt which is another thing i like about your reporting. The important thing for any supporter is, however peed off you are about a result you don't let it put you off visiting again. Keep up with your honest opinions and blogs fella.

BTW... i see you are getting a bit of grief from one or two posters on the Hellenic League Chat forum for daring to point out that the format could be made easier. I totally agree mate. i would prefer the layout where you can just scroll down the posts rather than just reading individual replies, but apart from that there seems some good traffic of posts in there.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:52 am

Koshi wrote:BTW... i see you are getting a bit of grief from one or two posters on the Hellenic League Chat forum for daring to point out that the format could be made easier. I totally agree mate. i would prefer the layout where you can just scroll down the posts rather than just reading individual replies, but apart from that there seems some good traffic of posts in there.

Yeah tell me about it! Just what is their problem. It seems anyone posting from Reading Town is the spawn of Satan - obviously they are jealous of our lofty position. I like the forum and will continue to read and post on it, will just be sure to ignore the few idiots on there!

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down