Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidlington 2-1 Reading Town (24th Feb)

3 posters

Go down

Kidlington 2-1 Reading Town (24th Feb) Empty Kidlington 2-1 Reading Town (24th Feb)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:55 am

The Reading boys will look to get back to winning ways after losing 2-0 to Ardley United yesterday. Kidlington have picked up a bit of form so it will be a tricky away game. Also like to say hope Parfitt has a speedy recovery and also the others who are currentley out unjured at the moment!! I might be going to this game.......so i will let you all know on the day plus I''m still recovering from yesterday's game after being subjected to screaming and also being asked same old question by the village kids Rolling Eyes Laughing eg: "is this going on youtube?" my reply "for the 50th time YES" Laughing

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Kidlington 2-1 Reading Town (24th Feb) Empty Re: Kidlington 2-1 Reading Town (24th Feb)

Post  Koshi No2 Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:32 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:The Reading boys will look to get back to winning ways after losing 2-0 to Ardley United yesterday. Kidlington have picked up a bit of form so it will be a tricky away game. Also like to say hope Parfitt has a speedy recovery and also the others who are currentley out unjured at the moment!! I might be going to this game.......so i will let you all know on the day plus I''m still recovering from yesterday's game after being subjected to screaming and also being asked same old question by the village kids Rolling Eyes Laughing eg: "is this going on youtube?" my reply "for the 50th time YES" Laughing

Well at least Kidlington showed how to beat a team at the foot of the table on Saturday ,so it probably wont be easy for RT but again it depends if it will be a RT that drew 0-0 with Shrivenham, or the team that smashed them for 8 the other day. Parfitt will be a big loss if he's not fit to play on Tuesday, but the game is certainly winnable still. Saturday will be an easier task as they travel to Milton who just got thrashed by Hungerford but RT did the same earlier in the season, so i would also expect them to win that too.
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Kidlington 2-1 Reading Town (24th Feb) Empty Re: Kidlington 2-1 Reading Town (24th Feb)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:01 am

Change of plan I am going to the game!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Change of plan I am going to the game!!!

Bet you wished you had stayed home now....just as i thought a close fought loss...The wheels haven't quite fallen off the RT bandwagon but they have certainly loosened. Lets hope they are saving the performances for the cup games Wink but even RT can't effin lose at Milton on saturday can they? Shocked
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Reading Town hit the bar early on and did have a few chances. The Town were awarded for that when Danny Williamson neatly tucked it away in the bottom right hand corner to make it 1-0 to the visitors. Kidlington did strike back however from the penalty spot to make 1-1 going into half time. Second half Reading Town were awarded a penalty which was missed by Dave Mills. Kidlighton then put in balls into the box which saw Chris Grace miss or spill them. With not many minutes to go Kidlington got the breakthrough when again Chris Grace failed to collect the ball and this saw them hit the back of the net to make it 2-1.

PS: I thought it was outrageous that section of their fans were allowed to swear nearly all game and push/shove us when they had scored. They obvisouly think that some rules don't aplly to them Exclamation A ground that will long live in the memory for all the wrong reasons Rolling Eyes The only postive point from visiting this ground they had a great programme.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:01 pm

I noticed there was 87 watching last night how many were RT supporters?
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 am

Boza wrote:I noticed there was 87 watching last night how many were RT supporters?

I would guess between 10-15 but I could be wrong as I didn't do a head count.

Some of their fans were saying it was their lowest attendence this season which isn't true after looking on the Hellenic League Site.

Home-Pegasus att:62
Home-Ardley att:76
Home-Fairford att:74
Home-Highworth att:62
Home-Shortwood att:65
Home-Almondsbury att:72
Home-Harrow Hill att:76
Home-Milton United att:67
Home-Carterton att:84
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:28 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
Boza wrote:I noticed there was 87 watching last night how many were RT supporters?

I would guess between 10-15 but I could be wrong as I didn't do a head count.

Some of their fans were saying it was their lowest attendence this season which isn't true after looking on the Hellenic League Site.

Home-Pegasus att:62
Home-Ardley att:76
Home-Fairford att:74
Home-Highworth att:62
Home-Shortwood att:65
Home-Almondsbury att:72
Home-Harrow Hill att:76
Home-Milton United att:67
Home-Carterton att:84

You mean with your gob shouting it still sounded like it was the lowest attendance? Laughing
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:43 am

Something very strange goes on sometimes with attendance figures.
Certainly did not appear to be anywhere near that figure there last night.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:16 pm

A "Groundhoppers" view of this match.

Re: [villahopper] Tuesday 24 Feb [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlington 2-1 Reading Town
Hellenic Premier

Admission: £4
Programme: £1 (good quality, with plenty to read)
Tea: 50p
Attendance: 87 (Mitoo, where?)

Decent game, Reading started the brighter, struck the bar twice with shots from the edge of the area, before taking the lead after 20 minutes. Kidlington soon level from the spot (handball) and the better side thereafter forcing the visiting keeper into a couple of good saves. Reading had a penalty of their own in the second half, but hit the woodwork for a third time, it proved costly as a good finish with ten minutes to go secured the points.

Ground has a couple of Arena stands. Saw royals down there and stood next to the middle dugout. Some home fans succeeded briefly in making themselves heard, but lacked the staying power.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down