Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Away Venue.

4 posters

Go down

Favourite Away Venue. Empty Favourite Away Venue.

Post  BRAMLEY Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Now that the Reading Town players, officials and fans have been to a fair sprinkling of grounds this season, who are your top 3?
I'll kick it off with the following:-

1. Binfield - Great hot dog with onions, friendly staff and fans, tannoy announcements spot on and music prior to the game. A Club to be proud of.
2. Malmesbury Victoria - Tea and coffee given prior to the game and great food during and after the match. Smiling staff made us very welcome, a joy to visit.
3. Shrivenham - Not even the heavy rain dampened my liking of this venue. Food was good again and so was their hospitality and banter. Hope their fans enjoy a day with us in March.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Favourite Away Venue. Empty Re: Favourite Away Venue.

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:45 am

1. Binfield - Great food there, superb music played throughout and also tannoy in full flow announcing the teams, goals scoeres etc.
2. Shrivenham - Terrible weather which saw me getting soaked also the video camera, but great food, bacon rolls were smashing and had two of them they were so nice, also they loved the banter!!
3. Bishop's Cleeve- They enjoyed a bit of banter and they were a funny bunch Laughing
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:27 am

1. Bishop's Cleeve - Decent sized clubhouse, decent food available (pasties ftw), good stands, and good to see the Wurzels tribute band still going strong. Hopefully we'll be going back next season. Nice backdrop as well with the Cotswolds.

2. Binfield - Not a bad bike ride from east Reading Very Happy, clubhouse a bit small, though food seemed good. Shame about the lack of covered standing, though the bit in the clubhouse with the window over the pitch is good for when if it's pissing it down. Good view from the top of slope as well, particularly when someone fell down it. Wink

3. Ascot United - Mainly because it's the only away ground apart from the first two I've been to with Town this season. :p Plans they've got for a clubhouse etc look very good though.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  pa00cs Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:05 am

1. Highworth.
Great tannoy announcements, before the game even had a read out of players, and when goals were scored. people were friendly, lots and lots of seats, good stands, slight slope on the pitch, food was very nice, shame we couldn't go by the dugouts, clubhouse got a bit crowded after the game. Very good program.
Extra added bonus, DISCO!! DISCO!! RAVE!! RAVE!!!!!
2. Binfield.
Great tannoy, good food, nice clubhouse, shame there wasn't a bit of overhead coverage for rain on the hill. Okay program, only one staple, didn't hold together very well.
3. Shrivenham.
Nice clubhouse, food was fantastic, stand didn't keep us very dry! Really nice people, good program.

Thanks for humiliating me Ben! B.T.W. I didn't fall, I slipped down the hill, and held myself up very well.
pa00cs
pa00cs

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:50 am

pa00cs wrote:1. Highworth.
Great tannoy announcements, before the game even had a read out of players, and when goals were scored. people were friendly, lots and lots of seats, good stands, slight slope on the pitch, food was very nice, shame we couldn't go by the dugouts, clubhouse got a bit crowded after the game. Very good program.
2. Binfield.
Great tannoy, good food, nice clubhouse, shame there wasn't a bit of overhead coverage for rain on the hill. Okay program, only one staple, didn't hold together very well.
3. Shrivenham.
Nice clubhouse, food was fantastic, stand didn't keep us very dry! Really nice people, good program.

Thanks for humiliating me Ben! B.T.W. I didn't fall, I slipped down the hill, and held myself up very well.

You fell over and it was even in slow motion which made it even more funnier either that or were trying to do the moonwalk Laughing .
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:50 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
2. Binfield.
3. Shrivenham.

You fell over and it was even in slow motion which made it even more funnier either that or were trying to do the moonwalk Laughing .

It's OK pa00cs you get the sympathy vote from me. I was adjudged the best tumbler of last season for my performance at Highworth. You just need to polish up your act for the larger audiences!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  pa00cs Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:56 pm

BRAMLEY wrote:
RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
2. Binfield.
3. Shrivenham.

It's OK pa00cs you get the sympathy vote from me. I was adjudged the best tumbler of last season for my performance at Highworth. You just need to polish up your act for the larger audiences!!
I feel better now because it was impossible to fall over at Highworth, there were virtually no hilly bits!!!!
pa00cs
pa00cs

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:10 pm

Ha ha, you're right - now look at my Avatar LOL!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:15 pm

pa00cs wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:
RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
2. Binfield.
3. Shrivenham.

I feel better now because it was impossible to fall over at Highworth, there were virtually no hilly bits!!!!

What made your fall hilarious pa00cs is that you were waiting for the ball to come down from the roof and they you go and slip, aftewards a section of the crowd chanted "she fell over she fell over" which put the icing on the cake Laughing !!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down