Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final)

+2
Koshi
RTFC Barmy Army
6 posters

Go down

Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final) Empty Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:11 pm

Both teams will be looking forward to this game with a chance to be in a final and collect some silverware. Let's get as many people down to Scours Lane as possible to support the Town in the Berks & Bucks Semi Final. There is also a chance that it could go to penalties which would be very nerve racking with me biting my finger nails, shaking like a leaf and also maybe shedding a tear Crying or Very sad

Come on Reading Exclamation Exclamation

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final) Empty Re: Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final)

Post  Koshi Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:12 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Both teams will be looking forward to this game with a chance to be in a final and collect some silverware. Let's get as many people down to Scours Lane as possible to support the Town in the Berks & Bucks Semi Final. There is also a chance that it could go to penalties which would be very nerve racking with me biting my finger nails, shaking like a leaf and also maybe shedding a tear Crying or Very sad

If Reading do win this tie then where is the final usually played?

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final) Empty Re: Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:16 am

Koshi wrote:
RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Both teams will be looking forward to this game with a chance to be in a final and collect some silverware. Let's get as many people down to Scours Lane as possible to support the Town in the Berks & Bucks Semi Final. There is also a chance that it could go to penalties which would be very nerve racking with me biting my finger nails, shaking like a leaf and also maybe shedding a tear Crying or Very sad

If Reading do win this tie then where is the final usually played?

Well before thinking about the final we have to get past Flackwell Heath first Exclamation I am not sure where the final would be played but my guess would be Didcot Town FC
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 am

I will give you all my thoughts by tomorrow as I need to look back at the footage and see what the scores were at half time, full time. As I can't remember all of things what happened as there was a lot going on out there tonight.

Great result considering Duncan had been sent off just before half time.....the lads showed great determination, fight and spirit plus loads more to come back from 2-1 down in the 2nd half of extra time and put the Town into the Berks & Bucks final. So well done everyone tonight you played your socks off!!!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:48 am

GET IN!!!!!

Fantastic result and a big well done to all the lads. The ref was awful (for both sides), the sending off was a complete joke. A top performance by everyone, especially as we were down to ten men seventy-five minutes. Also a great come back to come from 2-1 down in extra time. Was quite a roller-coaster of a match.

Don't know if you know yet John, but Newport Pagnell Town won the other semi-final.

Don't think the final will be at Didcot's ground though, as I reckon they'll try and get it somewhere between Reading and Newport Pagnell. Saying that though, the last two finals have been in Buckinghamshire so it's about time Berkshire got one. :p

Last edited by BenOBagels on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final) Empty result !!!

Post  scotty rees Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am

the bois cod not be more happy with the result and how we did it makes it so much sweeter. it was just so nice as a player to see so many people down supporting us thankyou every1 who came down and wod love to see u again it does make a big difference and the bois r buzzing so much thank you so much everybody Very Happy

scotty rees

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:51 am

Yeah great result tonight for RT, but the final is what it's all about. come on RT MUST win that and put a bl00dy trophy in the cabinet!

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:12 am

1st Half: Reading Town had the first chance in the opening few minutes which saw the ball drilled into the box but unfortunately no one was there to poke it in. Shortly afterwards Flackwell had the ball in the back of the net only for it be disallowed. James Clark opened the scoring in the 10th minute when his shot could only be palmed into the back of the net by the keeper. Flackwell did have a half chance in the 23rd minute but some good blocking kept the ball out of the net. Following on from this Flackwell had another chance but this time it hit the side netting. In the 34th minute saw Graham Lewis have a chance to double the lead when he got past the defender but the keeper came rushing out and palmed the ball away for corner kick. Reading Town were then reduced to 10 men just before the break after Duncan Geraldes picked up his 2nd yellow yard after he handled the ball on the far right.

2nd Half: Reading Town made a good despite being a man down with Graham Lewis testing the keeper with a header. In the 49th minute saw Graham have another pop at goal which fizzed past the left hand post. Flackwell Heath found the back of the net in the 67th minute but the celebrations were cut short after it was ruled out for offside. Then 3 minutes later saw Graham Lewis on a surging run down the middle, he then laid it off to James Clark on the left who had only the keeper to beat but his lobbed attempt went over the bar. Flackwell finally found the equalizer in the 75th minute when a free-kick was driven in from the right and a man in green had a shot which was deflected past Chris Grace to make it 1-1. Just minutes before the start of extra time saw Graham Lewis have shot which was cleared off the line.

Extra Time 1st Half: Flackwell put the Town under pressure early on which saw a high looping ball floating into the box which saw Chris Grace tip over the crossbar. From the resulting corner saw Flackwell score when the striker got to the ball before Chris Grace and he headed into the back of the net to make it 2-1. Flackwell were then awarded a penalty in the 7th minute but the shot skimmed the top of the crossbar to keep the scores at 2-1. In the 14th minute saw Sam Flegg have a go at goal which producing a stunning save from the keeper to tip it over the bar. Soon afterwards another shot from Reading went just a few yards wide.

Extra Time 2nd Half: Two minutes into the 2nd half saw the Town receive a penalty after a Reading Town player was brought down. Aaron Parfitt stepped up to the penalty spot and blasted it into the bottom right hand corner to make it 2-2. In the 24th minute saw the Town getting closer to establishing the lead when the ball fizzed past the posts. Reading Town then received another penalty after Graham Lewis was brought down in the 26th minute. Same Placement and same result meant Aaron Parfitt got his second goal of the night to make it 3-2 to the Reading boys. Aaron wasn’t finished just yet and he completed his hat-trick in the 30th after smashing the ball into the bottom right hand corner to make the final result 4-2 to the Reading boys.

The Town now look forward to playing in the Final of the Berks & Bucks against Newport Pagnell Town!!!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final) Empty newport pagnell

Post  scotty rees Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:08 pm

ive just had a look at there form and finished the leaugue on a high but there finished 15th only winning 15 games looks good for us but i no games are never won on paper i hope every1 hu was there on tues will come and support us

scotty rees

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:49 am

To finish around the top 5 in the league and if they can win a cup is probably a job well done for this season. I don't think anyone would have expected much more from the first season in a new league. Meanwhile, Koshi is trying to get a new bike to try to at least visit Scours Lane once before the end of the season, but i will try and get to more games for next season i would imagine.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 4-2 Flackwell Heath (10th March B & B Semi Final) Empty Keeper v Fan

Post  Amber Army Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Watch the Rtfc v Flackwell Heath fans video and not only do you hear apalling songs, but you also see an O.A.P trying to have a row with the opposition keeper - i just wish the keeper would've climbed over the fence and then they could've had a proper tear up: that would've been more entertaining than the fans singing Smile
Amber Army
Amber Army

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-12-31

http://www.cheshunt-fanzone.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:49 pm

Amber Army - my carer did not know I was there LOL.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:59 am

The final of the Berks & Bucks is being played on Wednesday 22nd April with the venue yet to be decided.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down