Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flackwell Heath 2-1 Reading Town (24th March)

2 posters

Go down

Flackwell Heath 2-1 Reading Town (24th March) Empty Flackwell Heath 2-1 Reading Town (24th March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:58 am

Ok let's forget about yesterday’s game and erase the performance/result from our memory as it's now just history. Flackwell Heath will no doubt be up for this game as the Reading boys beat them in the Semi Final of the Berks & Bucks not long ago. I might be able to get to do this game and will let you know nearer the time.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:24 am; edited 4 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Flackwell Heath 2-1 Reading Town (24th March) Empty Re: Flackwell Heath 2-1 Reading Town (24th March)

Post  BRAMLEY Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:20 am

The Barmy Army will be there on Tuesday night to support the lads.
Enjoy yourselves because this is important for all you guys and your efforts are appreciated.
Previous matches are just history.
See you all Tuesday night.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Flackwell Heath 2-1 Reading Town (24th March) Empty Re: Flackwell Heath 2-1 Reading Town (24th March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:27 am

I will be there tomorrow night cheering on the boys at Flackwell Heath. Always love the away games with the home fans to speak to and also to have some good old banter with the players (especially their keeper Laughing )

So cya all there tomorrow night!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:51 am

Well I actually got to the game a little bit late as I thought it was a 19:45 Kick off but instead it was 19:30. I didn't miss much though as it was still 0-0. I then went to stand behind goal, got my tripod/camera and that's when Flackwell scored to make it 1-0 which I didn't manage to get on video which was fairly early on. Not long after they doubled their lead to make it 2-0 and this time I did record the goal. Reading Town did have a few chances which saw both Isaac and Graham Lewis making the keeper save. In about the 30th minute Reading Town were awarded a penalty when Graham Lewis was brought down and he stepped up to the penalty spot but his effort went wide of the mark. There was another shout for a penalty when Graham fell to the floor but nothing was given and play continued.

Second half in the opening 30 minutes neither side had many shots with the ball being played backwards and forwards. Later on Reading Town had most of the chances a shot being cleared off the line and the ball crossing the line a few times only for it be called offside. Graham Lewis got the Reading boys a goal in about the 43rd minute to make it 2-1. The Town kept on pressing and putting the keeper under pressure but Flackwell Heath held on for all three points.

All credit to the keeper for putting up with us all game long. I think he secretly enjoyed the banter even though he said he hated it. A good comedian who would often make seal noises, give it large and also interview spectators whilst playing (called multitasking, I thought women could only do that.)
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down