Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town

5 posters

Go down

12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town Empty 12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:03 am

Ok going to the game and looking forward it, good ground to visit sorry didn't post ealier going to add blogs to the website and this time about sport not BGT!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town Empty Re: 12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:40 am

Great game today with plenty of goals, plus the perfect day to play a football game, with sun out and about sunny . Also just like to say I hope the Abingdon player who got badly injured makes a full and successful recovery.

Match Report, Match Video and Match Photos to be posted on the site.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town Empty Re: 12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:10 am

Just a brief note to say a few thank you's.
Pleasant day at Abingdon Town with good food and hospitable staff.
Marco clearly doing a good job with the Abingdon lads and trust the injured player recovers well.
Reading guys responded to the challenge of being a goal down inside the first minute - true resilience shown and result achieved. Excellent motivation from Colin, Glenn, Rob and Mike from the dug out.
Thanks also to Combesy and Andrew for their enthusiastic support and camera work - quality.

"We are top of the League - say we are top of the League"
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:45 am

A great win again away to Abingdon which could have easily been a potential banana skin (knowing the Reading Town way) but they managed to take all three points. Did Parfitt play today i read he was injured in the last game?

Well the next couple of away ties to Flackwell and Shortwood could really set the season in stone of where RT could end up at the end of the season as they are top sides in this division. A maximum haul from those two will feel me with confidence of the teams chances of promotion finally from this god damn level of football. You never know even Bo might make an appearance back on this forum with some positive words Wink

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:00 am

Koshi wrote:A great win again away to Abingdon which could have easily been a potential banana skin (knowing the Reading Town way) but they managed to take all three points. Did Parfitt play today i read he was injured in the last game?

Well the next couple of away ties to Flackwell and Shortwood could really set the season in stone of where RT could end up at the end of the season as they are top sides in this division. A maximum haul from those two will feel me with confidence of the teams chances of promotion finally from this god damn level of football. You never know even Bo might make an appearance back on this forum with some positive words Wink

Yep Parfitt played today, I thought he might be injured after OCN match when a challenge went in. So might be my mistake as he might not be injured the first place so sorry about that and have since edited the post where I posted it.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town Empty Re 12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town

Post  hughesj13 Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:00 am

Another great win for the boys! Impressive performance especially after conceding an early goal. Another goal for Mark, I'm surprised he scored with a header though as he might have put his hair out of place!

Not so great a day for Reading's Alex McCarthy, sent off for Yeovil. Didn't get to the match (Wife expecting - due today!) but apparently it was a blatant dive.

Roll on Tuesday!
hughesj13
hughesj13

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:44 am

Come back from behind in the last two games to get points then, which suggests the resilience needed to stay at the top end of the table is there. Good stuff.

hughesj13 wrote:Not so great a day for Reading's Alex McCarthy, sent off for Yeovil. Didn't get to the match (Wife expecting - due today!) but apparently it was a blatant dive.

Just watched the Football League Show on the iplayer, looked very much like a dive. Ironically the Stockport player who won the penalty is also on loan from Reading.

Congratulations on the baby as well, hope you, your wife and the little one are all well.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town Empty Re 12th Sep Sat Abingdon Town 2-3 Reading Town

Post  hughesj13 Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:01 am

Thanks. No new baby yet, still waiting!

I've told Mark if he scores next he'll have to do a 'rock the baby' goal celebration!!!
hughesj13
hughesj13

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down