Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 1-1 Almondsbury Town

3 posters

Go down

Reading Town 1-1 Almondsbury Town Empty Reading Town 1-1 Almondsbury Town

Post  BenOBagels Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:10 am

A fairly even match in which a draw was probably a fair result. Almondsbury's keeper was made to make a couple of good stops in the first-half from long range efforts. Almondsbury also looked dangerous on occasion through their pacy number nine. Their number nine though arguably shouldn't have been on the pitch for the second-half though due to him elbowing(?) Hughesy off the ball just before half-time, but only getting a yellow.

Graham Lewis put Reading ahead a couple of minutes after the restart, breaking clear of the defence and slotting the ball past the keeper. Almondsbury though got back into it about 15-20 minutes from the end by scoring from close range.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 1-1 Almondsbury Town Empty Re: Reading Town 1-1 Almondsbury Town

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Pleasant afternoon in the sunshine with both sides playing attacking football.
The 1-1 scoreline reflected the play in my opinion and Almondsbury will be worthy champions.
Best attendance of the season at 169 promises an increasing interest in football at Scours Lane.
Special thanks to Roland Ford and his committee for arranging the hot food van and a huge thanks to the ladies for the sandwiches after the match - it was all first class.
Almonds fans proved themselves very knowledgeable and were a joy to host - we look forward to all meeting up again next Saturday when hopefully The Barmy Army may be at full strength, and very loud.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 pm

I've not commented on here for a few weeks but have been keeping myself up to date with Town's results from afar. I was unable to attend Saturday as I had work commitments and so missed the last home game of the season. Sounded like a decent game but Town couldn't quite match the performance with the three points they desperately needed. A win for the Almonds on Thursday evening at Pegasus will all but confirm their championship and should they avoid defeat at home to Town next weekend they will indeed be worthy winner of the Hellenic league, and I wish them all the best.

The recent form should not take anything away from the boys who have had a terrific season and have boosted the profile of the club significantly. I hope that the club can go from strenght to strenght over the next few years, with the aim of winning promotion to Southern Football League a realistic ambition.

C'mon Town lets see this magnificent campaing out with three straight wins and not make it too easy a run in for the Almonds!

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down