Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 1-2 Almondsbury Town (31st March)

3 posters

Go down

Reading Town 1-2 Almondsbury Town (31st March) Empty Reading Town 1-2 Almondsbury Town (31st March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 am

I would like to say really enjoyed Saturday at Shortwood a fantastic bunch of fans who provided great food. Also a good result which saw the Town earn a point on the road and maybe could have got all three if it wasn't for the keeper who made some superb saves.

Almondsbury are on a good run at the moment winning their last 5 games and currently 4th in the league with 71 points. Almondsbury might even bring their choir to the game as they did hint when they beat us in the FA Vase 1-0 they might get some fans together to have a sing song. I even gave them song sheet to start them off Wink .

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:20 am; edited 4 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 1-2 Almondsbury Town (31st March) Empty Re: Reading Town 1-2 Almondsbury Town (31st March)

Post  scotty rees Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:03 am

im out of the game tomoz it looks like sad times but i no the bois will have enuff to blow them away

scotty rees

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 1-2 Almondsbury Town (31st March) Empty Re: Reading Town 1-2 Almondsbury Town (31st March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:42 am

All my thoughts of the match to be posted tomorrow morning!!!

PS: Having probelms with my video........going very fuzzy in places and hopefully I can fix it!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:00 am

You still getting those lines across it as well, John?
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Before Kick Off: It was good to see a big white board being introduced telling you what was the line up was for the game. Also there was quite a few people coming through the turnstiles but they kept on going through the wrong way to get into the clubhouse (but that’s students for ya Laughing ) but in the end they managed to find the right way into the clubhouse.

1st half action saw Almondsbury score early on from a free-kick which seemed to miss everyone and go into the back of the net to make it 1-0. After that Reading Town did have some chances to level it up but couldn't find the equalizer. There was a controversial moment just a few minutes before the break when a Reading Town player was elbowed but the Almonds player only received a yellow card. Almost immediately after that incident Almondsbury scored to make it 2-0.

2nd half there was not a lot of chances for either team. The Barmy Army were then joined by the students who was saw earlier coming into the ground (and there were about 10-15 of them) who kept themselves amused by singing songs about squeezing (which was mostly directed at their keeper and defence) Late on in the 2nd half saw the Reading boys getting closer to clawing a goal back when Danny Williamson had an effort go just wide. The Town did gasp a goal back with a several minutes to go with Aaron Parfitt firing home from close range. The Town kept on pushing for the equalizer but it wasn't to be with Almondsbury taking all three points. Their keeper seem to enjoy the night with him doing wild celebrations in front of us at the end and singing "can we play you every week"

PS: Ben the tapes seem to be ok now!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down