Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bicester Town 0-0 Reading Town (31st January)

2 posters

Go down

Bicester Town 0-0 Reading Town (31st January) Empty Bicester Town 0-0 Reading Town (31st January)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:04 am

Bicester are in some good form at the moment in their last 3 games by winning 2 of them and loosing the other. Really pleased that their doing well at the moment as they do get a lot of stick on the Hellenic League Chat. Also nice set of fans who always like a good old chat and some light hearted banter. Now time to talk about the Reading Town boys who will be playing Bicester for the 3rd time this season and have beaten them on both occasions 2-0 at home and 6-0 away in the Cup.

I might be going to this game so will know by Saturday if it's possible. If I do end up going then I will wear plenty of layers as it is very cold up there and also buy a bacon roll from the bar as I didn't last time but instead I had a nice cup of tea.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Bicester Town 0-0 Reading Town (31st January) Empty Re: Bicester Town 0-0 Reading Town (31st January)

Post  BenOBagels Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:24 am

The bacon rolls were good, especially in the cold weather. And the tea was in proper mugs as well! Quality. Very Happy

Good to see their form has improved recently, hope they keep it up (apart from this Saturday of course Wink), as they are a good club, with a nice set of fans. Don't suppose you what's caused Bicester to improve their form? Wonder if it's that they've brought some new players in or just they've had a bit more luck. Be interesting to hear what their fans think. Also be interested if you hear anything from anyone at the club about Spence going to Cyprus that was mentioned on the Evening Post forum.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the game, as Reading are away at QPR, and that's a ground I've not been to before.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Bicester Town 0-0 Reading Town (31st January) Empty Re: Bicester Town 0-0 Reading Town (31st January)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:57 am

A disappointing result after we created some great chances early on in the 1st which saw their keeper makes a string of fine saves. Bicester then had chance to ahead only for the shot to blast high onto the clubhouse roof. To liven things up one Bicester player decided go up the video camera and shout "Hi Mummy I'm on the telly" which was amusing Laughing Bicester then were awarded a penalty for a push, tug or trip not sure which one but the ball hit the post and the scores stayed level. Reading Town continued to press but still there was no goal. Bicester than had an excellent chance to go ahead but the shot was dragged wide.

2nd half and in the 52nd minute a Bicester player was sent off after bringing down Graham Lewis as he was the last defender with a goal scoring opportunities. The same Bicester player who shouted "Hi Mummy I'm on the telly" was in the action again we he said " I present to you the only cup your going to win this season" Which were in fact some mugs Laughing Anyway back to the action and another Bicester player was sent for a kick at Mike Hancock in the 67th minute. Reading Town couldn't take advantage of Bicester of 9 men but they could have easily been down to eight when one of their players’ deliberate hand balled it whilst there was a Reading Town attack going on. The Town didn't really click today with some great opportunities wasted.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bicester Town 0-0 Reading Town (31st January) Empty Match Report

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:44 am

Bicester stalemate!!!

The 1st half started brightly with Graham Lewis hitting the bar. The rebound was then cleverly hooked back into the box which saw the Bicester keeper tip it over the bar. The Reading boys continued to put the pressure on and this saw Ivan have a fierce shot which was palmed over the bar. From the resulting corner Ivan had a pop at goal which cleared off the line. The Town just kept on plucking away and this saw Graham Lewis have a shot from an almost impossible which was kept out by Tom McNamara. The chances kept on coming for the Reading boys but still there was no reward. Midway through the 1st half and Bicester had their first threatening chance which was fired over at close range. In the 30th minute Bicester were awarded a penalty for a push. Chris Grace then pulled up his socks and made sure was dressed for the occasion. The spot kick was then eventually taken which rattled the post to keep the scores level. Brooksy then had a chance late on but his effort was skied over the bar. Bicester then had a great chance to go 1-0 up going into half time but the shot was fired wide of Chris Grace near post.

Just 6 minutes into the 2nd half and a Bicester player was sent his marching orders after pulling back Graham Lewis who was through on goal. From the resulting free-kick Sam Fleggs effort fizzed over the bar. The game started to get scrappy and neither team could keep the ball for long periods. This then brought about Scotty Rees being floored to ground by a late challenge and then a few seconds later Ivan was also on the receiving end of tackle which saw him floored. Bicester then had a decent chance to score but a vital interception saw the ball fall into the keeper’s arms. Just 2 minutes later and another Bicester player was sent for an early shower after referee consulted his linesman and showed him the red card for an apparent kick at a Reading Town player. Midway through the 2nd half Graham Lewis was put through one on one with keeper but his effort was spooned over the bar. The games just became more and more unbearable with missed chances, the ball not being player on the deck enough and also some unusual tackling. Things didn’t improve with a Bicester player hand balling whilst on the floor which stopped a Reading Town attack. Later on in the 2nd half and Mike Hancock rose above all the defenders but his header was put fractionally over the bar. Just a few minutes later a ball which looked to be going out was rescued and hooked back into the box but unfortunately no one was there to slot it into an empty net. With just five minutes left on the clock Danny Williamson tried his luck at goal but his low shot was well saved. Bicester had the last chance of the game to score but Chris Grace was on hand to push it around the post.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down