Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup)

3 posters

Go down

Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup) Empty Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:36 am

The Town travel to Bicester this Saturday in excellent form netting ten goals in the last 3 league games. The strikers are in great form with Graham Lewis getting his Hat-trick on Tuesday night, Aaron Parfitt scoring two and Ray Spence scoring one. The defense has been solid of late keeping 3 clean sheets in the last 3 league games.

Bicester are bottom of the league with 6 points and goal difference of minus 41 and have lost their last 12 games. They have had a lot of long term injurys which hasn't helped them.

I am going try and get a lift to this game as I always love the away games and can have a chat with some of the Bicester fans like I did at Scours Lane. Got study leave and have only one test tmoz so will have a relaxing afternoon Smile

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup) Empty Re: Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup)

Post  BenOBagels Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:42 am

Probably gonna try and get to this game as I won't be able to go to the next couple of home games. Depends on whether there are any trains to Bicester and what times they are.

Looking at the form book, Town should be going through to the next round, but football is never that simple of course.

The stand looks good for the barmy army to generate a bit of noise in as well.

Last edited by BenOBagels on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup) Empty Re: Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 am

BenOBagels wrote:Probably gonna try and get to this game as I won't be able to go to the next couple of home games. Depends on whether there are any trains to Bicester and what times they are.

Looking at the form book, Town should be going through to the next round, but football is never that simple of course.

The stand looks good for the barmy army to generate a bit of nice in as well.

I am not sure if I am going yet but probably know by tmoz or last minute on Saturday.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:16 am

The evening post seem to think that the game this weekend against Pegasus: http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/goalpost/s/2040321_flying_town_face_pegasus . But the Reading Town programme on tuesday night, on the Hellenic League wesbite on the Official RTFC website saying that we are playing Pegasus next Saturday and tmoz is away to Bicester. Still not sure if I am going to Bicester know by tomorrow morning.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:30 am

Heh, well hopefully the team knows where it's playing even if the Post doesn't. Laughing

I've just checked the train times and I'll almost certainly be going to the game tomorrow.

Also do you know what the rules in this cup are if it's a draw? Will there be extra time tomorrow or a replay at a latter date?
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:34 am

Well I think it would go to extra time/penalties but I could be wrong Embarassed
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:43 am

Yeah that was my guess, hopefully though Town will win in the 90 minutes and we won't need to find out if there is extra time or not. Very Happy
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:49 am

BenOBagels wrote:Yeah that was my guess, hopefully though Town will win in the 90 minutes and we won't need to find out if there is extra time or not. Very Happy

Should be a entertaining match (but I do say that about every game.) Hopefully it don't go to penalties otherwise I might not have any finger nails left to chew because of the nerves but that's if I go.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:11 am

Ah yep, definitely is extra time. Just been looking through the rules pages on the Hellenic League website and found this,
37.16 The duration of each Tie shall be ninety minutes and the interval at half time shall not exceed ten minutes. Half an hour of extra time shall be played in all matches, up to the Semi-Final Ties, when a result has not been obtained within ninety minutes. In all ties up to the Semi-Final if a result is not obtained after 90 minutes and extra time the tie will be decided by the taking of penalty kicks carried out in accordance with the procedure set out by the International Board Decision and shown in the Laws of the game. If the score is still a draw at the end of extra time in a Final that is played as one match, the second leg of a Semi-Final or Final played as two matches, a result shall be obtained by the taking of penalty kicks, as previously indicated.

Link, http://www.hellenicleague.co.uk/pages/rules/37.html
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup) Empty Back from the game (6-0 win)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:48 am

What another great performance from the lads and 4 clean sheets on the trott. Everyone played their part in the game with Scotty Hodgetts making some fine saves to prevent the hosts scoring. I thought James Clark had a good game who made some excellent runs down the wing set up several goals and deserved to get on the score sheet. Graham and Ray had another good game with saw them both score 2 goals. Scotty Rees got on the score sheet aswell so he should be doing someones bathroom floor right now Laughing Nice club at Bicester and a great day out.

I would like to wish Bicester all the best for the rest of the season.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:08 am

As has already been said, another great performance by the team. Good team performance with everyone playing well I thought. A shame the ref denied Ray a hat-trick by giving us a free-kicks instead of a penalty near the end. Wink

A nice little ground as well and some good fans at Bicester, really hope they can turn their season round, and keep themselves in the Premier Division.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:15 am

BenOBagels wrote:As has already been said, another great performance by the team. Good team performance with everyone playing well I thought. A shame the ref denied Ray a hat-trick by giving us a free-kicks instead of a penalty near the end. Wink

A nice little ground as well and some good fans at Bicester, really hope they can turn their season round, and keep themselves in the Premier Division.

A nice and friendly club who don't deserve all the critisme they recieve on some message boards. Llike I said in my previous post good luck to Bicester for the rest of the season and I hope they turn things around.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bicester Town 6-0 Reading Town (29th November The Soccer Kits PLUS Supplementary Cup) Empty football

Post  twister Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:49 am

must of been great beating that load of rubbish.what a crap league that is

twister

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:56 am

twister wrote:must of been great beating that load of rubbish.what a crap league that is

Good League this, with plenty of entertainment on show. Bicester have been very unlucky with long term injuries to several of their key players and some of them going to Witney.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Juve! Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:55 am

Ok, Bicester are not the best team in the world, but you can only beat whats in front of you, and i would say a 6-0 thrashing against a team in the same division as RT albeit bottom, is still pretty impressive to me.But now this game is out the way it's back to the league where it's vital for RT to dispose of Pegasus jrs not only to keep the marvellous winning run going but to keep them in contention or atleast any chance of catching the leaders.

By the way Combesy...looking at some of your video's of the games when for example there was 38 spectators for the game against Chalfont... i could count about 10 people watching from the video so where are all the other spectators, are they in the clubhouse, or do those figures include the two teams as well? confused

Juve!

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Juve! wrote:Ok, Bicester are not the best team in the world, but you can only beat whats in front of you, and i would say a 6-0 thrashing against a team in the same division as RT albeit bottom, is still pretty impressive to me.But now this game is out the way it's back to the league where it's vital for RT to dispose of Pegasus jrs not only to keep the marvellous winning run going but to keep them in contention or atleast any chance of catching the leaders.

By the way Combesy...looking at some of your video's of the games when for example there was 38 spectators for the game against Chalfont... i could count about 10 people watching from the video so where are all the other spectators, are they in the clubhouse, or do those figures include the two teams as well? confused

Well it was bl@@dy freezing that night so some could have been in the clubhouse, there was a few behind the goal were I was videoing (that does not include the Army). There was a small number near the dugouts. From what I could see there was probably about 20-25 fans in the seated stand.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Very pleased to hear that the lads performed well at Bicester yesterday.
I feel sure Combesy also enjoyed meeting up again with the Bicester fans - they were a genuinely nice bunch.
Looking forward to the Tuesday night match at Scours Lane.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:08 pm

BRAMLEY wrote:Very pleased to hear that the lads performed well at Bicester yesterday.
I feel sure Combesy also enjoyed meeting up again with the Bicester fans - they were a genuinely nice bunch.

Who is it against Question It doesn't say on the Official RTFC website or the Hellenic site that we have a game.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:08 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:Very pleased to hear that the lads performed well at Bicester yesterday.

Who is it against Question It doesn't say on the Official RTFC website or the Hellenic site that we have a game.

Sorry guys, my mistake - its just the alzheimers again.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down