Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The real ambition of RTFC

4 posters

Go down

The real ambition of RTFC Empty The real ambition of RTFC

Post  unit Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:48 am

What league are RTFC really aiming for ..........Conf SOUTH?
unit
unit

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

The real ambition of RTFC Empty Re: The real ambition of RTFC

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:58 pm

To be the second largest club in Berkshire, it must be at least the conference south or conference premier. Need more people through the gate.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-06-11

http://readingtownfansanarmyofone.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:52 am

There's certainly no reason why RTFC can't be a top non league or better team in the future...Of course it will take many seasons of growth and investment, and perhaps RFC fortunes going teets up. Koshi would be happy just for Southern League football within the next 2 seasons.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:08 am

If we do progress, will we stay in Scours Lane or have to move to pastures new? Not that Scours Lane is short of space to grow though.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-06-11

http://readingtownfansanarmyofone.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 am

Koshi wrote:There's certainly no reason why RTFC can't be a top non league or better team in the future...Of course it will take many seasons of growth and investment, and perhaps RFC fortunes going teets up. Koshi would be happy just for Southern League football within the next 2 seasons.

RTFC would just be absolutely delighted to see Koshi at a single game for a starters!!
Certainly I have no wish to see any demise in Reading FC's fortunes and the presence of their fans at Scours Lane will always be welcomed. The town is capable of supporting both teams with very different qualities to them. Always good to have a promotion target but important to remember that RTFC is in a re-building stage.
The promise is to entertain this season and I'm sure that will be achieved.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:20 am

BRAMLEY wrote:
Koshi wrote:There's certainly no reason why RTFC can't be a top non league or better team in the future...Of course it will take many seasons of growth and investment, and perhaps RFC fortunes going teets up. Koshi would be happy just for Southern League football within the next 2 seasons.

RTFC would just be absolutely delighted to see Koshi at a single game for a starters!!
Certainly I have no wish to see any demise in Reading FC's fortunes and the presence of their fans at Scours Lane will always be welcomed. The town is capable of supporting both teams with very different qualities to them. Always good to have a promotion target but important to remember that RTFC is in a re-building stage.
The promise is to entertain this season and I'm sure that will be achieved.

I too would not want to see the demise of RFC, but whilst they are tapping on the premier leagues door their fanbase will rise whereas these could be potential supporters of RTFC...also you are correct that Reading as a town should be able to support two football clubs at a decent standard. RTFC will need to progress whilst trying to get some benefactor in place as i'm not sure Roland can do it alone and you just can't expect people to turn up watching a team without any vision or scope and once again just as RTFC look to be well placed for this season it's back to square one again. Although i have every faith in Roddy i guess this season could be just a transitional one but funnier things have happened!

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down