Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 0 v 0 Witney United 04/09/10

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reading Town 0 v 0 Witney United 04/09/10 Empty Reading Town 0 v 0 Witney United 04/09/10

Post  Koshi Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:01 am

With a few bad results behind them, Reading Town will be wanting to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they entertain Witney United who have not exactly started the new campaign as well as they would have liked having only picked up one win from four. Reading however after winning their first three games have struggled to keep clean sheets of late, but the good news is that Danny Lingwood could well be back to shore up the defence.

Lets hope the Barmy Army are out in force for this as another defeat here would be complete sh!te

Last edited by Koshi on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 0 v 0 Witney United 04/09/10 Empty Re: Reading Town 0 v 0 Witney United 04/09/10

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:12 am

Koshi wrote:With a few bad results behind them, Reading Town will be wanting to get back to winning ways on Saturday when they entertain Witney United who have not exactly started the new campaign as well as they would have liked having only picked up one win from four. Reading however after winning their first three games have struggled to keep clean sheets of late, but the good news is that Danny Lingwood could well be back to shore up the defence.

Lets hope the Barmy Army are out in force for this as another defeat here would be complete sh!te

I am looking forward to this game and after Roddy called the Ascot display embarrassing I am sure all the lads are geared up for this game. I wouldn't look too much into current form, anything can happen on the day. The Barmy Army will be there supporting the lads as always.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 0 v 0 Witney United 04/09/10 Empty Re: Reading Town 0 v 0 Witney United 04/09/10

Post  sausage than a egg Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 am

I went Tuesday to Witney v thatcham,they didn't look that good,but thatcham were 3-0 up after 30mins,so can't judge them on that! Young side! We will see!
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:10 am

Very tempted to go to this game. London double header is on. Irish v Saracens at 14:00. History should say a Sarries win. What do I do? The problems of liking two sports.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-06-11

http://readingtownfansanarmyofone.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:12 am

Hard to know what will happen tbf but both sides need a win as they wont want to become too detached from the leading teams.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:22 am

Sorry. Has to be Twickenham for the double header. It's included in the season ticket. Will be thinking of the mighty town though, and checking on the results and attendance on football motion. Come on the Town.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:39 am

Credit to you James - would certainly not criticise a RU fan for following his sport - each to his own.
Appreciate your support at the FA Cup match at Newbury and woulld love it if you made it to RTFC fixtures this season.
See you soon.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 am

You will see me again soon. Reading Town is like the early years of Irish at Mad Stad. All be it on a much smaller scale. I intend to make it for the floodlit cup game next. Plus others. Looking forward to the Berkshire derbies, and away to Thame if at their new stadium.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Koshi too would like to come along sometime and see first hand all about RT and have a nose around the ground and clubhouse, but tomorrow i got a choice of games as i could well be taking a wander up to Cintra to watch Unity v Sandhurst Devels, or a trip up to Woodford Park as the mighty South Reading play away at Woodley Town Res. However, i will be back later to check up the score from Scours Lane to give my accurate report from the game! Cool

By the way, why are so many RT home games this season clashing with RFC home games, i thought the fixtures worked out so neither played at home the same day?

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:05 pm

On the train to Twickenham. Hope non league day is successful for the team and and hope there is a go ,od gate. See at the lane soon.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:37 pm

Have a great day at Twickers James and see you at Scours Lane soon.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:16 am

Any reports yet about the game? First clean sheet in the league but unfortunately no goals at the other end either Mad

Still, Koshi decided on the game up at Woodford Park in the end to watch South Reading beat Woodley Town Reserves 3-1.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:28 am

Koshi wrote:Any reports yet about the game? First clean sheet in the league but unfortunately no goals at the other end either Mad

Still, Koshi decided on the game up at Woodford Park in the end to watch South Reading beat Woodley Town Reserves 3-1.

A fair result with both teams having some good opportunities to score in both 1st and 2nd half. This saw both keepers make some fine saves to ensure the points were shared this afternoon.

PS: Koshi couldn't care less where you have been today it wasn't Reading Town so stop blabbing on about South Reading etc it's getting boring!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:31 am

We're eagerly awaiting your report on the RTFC game Koshi.
You have become adept at working out how the match was conducted from the scoreline before.
Go on - give it a go. By the way, you missed out on a free pint today, courtesy of Non League Football day as well - ha ha ha ha!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:48 am

BRAMLEY wrote:We're eagerly awaiting your report on the RTFC game Koshi.
You have become adept at working out how the match was conducted from the scoreline before.
Go on - give it a go. By the way, you missed out on a free pint today, courtesy of Non League Football day as well - ha ha ha ha!

Ok, i'll give my report the best shout i can...nobody could put that round thing in the back of the onion bag today, and i reckon both teams will get 1 point each for their efforts? am i warm? Wink

Nevermind about the free pint old chap... after saving £6 admission fee going to Scours today i bought 6 cans of Stella courtesy of South Reading FC and a nice game of footy... bargainnnn Laughing

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:55 am

Koshi wrote:

Ok, i'll give my report the best shout i can...nobody could put that round thing in the back of the onion bag today, and i reckon both teams will get 1 point each for their efforts? am i warm? Wink

Nevermind about the free pint old chap... after saving £6 admission fee going to Scours today i bought 6 cans of Stella courtesy of South Reading FC and a nice game of footy... bargainnnn Laughing

Excellent report Koshi - I was not disappointed - not only warm, spot on!
Back to the armchair again to sink the Stellas and dream of fame and fortune for South Reading bla bla bla.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:57 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
Koshi wrote:Any reports yet about the game? First clean sheet in the league but unfortunately no goals at the other end either Mad

A fair result with both teams having some good opportunities to score in both 1st and 2nd half. This saw both keepers make some fine saves to ensure the points were shared this afternoon.

PS: Koshi couldn't care less where you have been today it wasn't Reading Town so stop blabbing on about South Reading etc it's getting boring!!!

Is there any chance then of setting up another section to this site for threads other than RT chat just to keep this board clean? or should i just push off to the hellenic league chatboard to post all non RT related topics?

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:08 am

BRAMLEY wrote:
Koshi wrote:

Excellent report Koshi - I was not disappointed - not only warm, spot on!
Back to the armchair again to sink the Stellas and dream of fame and fortune for South Reading bla bla bla.

Blimey! how did you guess i was going to do that? Shocked you must have as good reporting skills as me Wink although i feel you do suffer from delusions of grandeur about RT just cos they are 3 levels of football above SRFC...bl00dy glory hunters tongue

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:11 am

Koshi wrote:
RTFC Barmy Army wrote:

Is there any chance then of setting up another section to this site for threads other than RT chat just to keep this board clean? or should i just push off to the hellenic league chatboard to post all non RT related topics?

The latter is an excellent idea!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:13 am

Wink

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:30 am

YNice to see a clean sheet. Thought there would be more than 96 in attendance. How was the free beer? A side thread for other sports related things is an idea. Then I can mention the Mexican wave that involved 75112 rugby fans that involved rubbish throwing. Lasted for 5 minutes. Stewards, fans and police in hysterics. Then the toilet roll started flying.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:42 am

Jamessupportersince2010 wrote:YNice to see a clean sheet. Thought there would be more than 96 in attendance. How was the free beer? A side thread for other sports related things is an idea. Then I can mention the Mexican wave that involved 75112 rugby fans that involved rubbish throwing. Lasted for 5 minutes. Stewards, fans and police in hysterics. Then the toilet roll started flying.

For goodness sake James - just how many beers have you had!
Let's make this quite clear - at RTFC we care little for Mexican waves at Twickers, bog roll throwing or South Reading FC for that matter. Put it on some other Forum.
PS:- Hope you had a good time!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:55 am

I don't think I will put another section for other football/rugby games it will just make things complicated and plus Koshi will be posting non stop LOL
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:04 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:I don't think I will put another section for other football/rugby games it will just make things complicated and plus Koshi will be posting non stop LOL

You could well be right there young man, but don't forget i also add a lot of well rehearsed facts and figures about RT so don't discount that! plus my post rate on this board is going through the roof especially about a certain team from the Whitley hood silent

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:57 am

I will have ago then on reporting!

South Reading winning with 3 goals from Jamie Broadley, Elliott Dominic, Darrel Fairbrother with Carl Reid coming on as sub!! with Casey Green controling the midfield! but no place for Khalid Khalid to get on!!

Amazing what you can find on the web!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Koshi
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next