Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 1-0 Witney United 27th Feb

4 posters

Go down

Reading Town 1-0 Witney United 27th Feb Empty Reading Town 1-0 Witney United 27th Feb

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:35 pm

The Reading boys take on Witney United this weekend at Scours Lane. I am looking forward to the match as always and lets hope the weather doesn't spoil things and postpone the game as rain is forecast for today, tomorrow and also a bit on Saturday.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 1-0 Witney United 27th Feb Empty Re: Reading Town 1-0 Witney United 27th Feb

Post  Reading Fan Dan Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 pm

I won't be at this one as RFC have a relegation six-pointer against Sheffield Wednesday the same day. However I will be hoping to come along to the Lane for the home game against Shrivenham.

Let's hope Town get back to winning ways. I'll be hoping for three points and will be wearing my Town scarf to the RFC game! Will get some odd looks!!!

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 1-0 Witney United 27th Feb Empty Re: Reading Town 1-0 Witney United 27th Feb

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:33 am

Result Reading Town 1-0 Witney United : Had majority of the shots in the first half with the Witney keeper making some smart saves. The Town were rewarded for their pressure, when the ball was headed goalwards and someone was on the line but the ball crossed the line and the goal was given. Second Half. Witney had a couple of shots, some went wide and the others saved, although one hit the post but it came back out again so the scores stayed the same. The Reading boys saw out the game and it saw the Town get all three points.

Excellent support by the Barmy Army as always, never stopped singing and enjoyed taking part in the raffle.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:31 am

Good to see Town return to winning ways yesterday. Very important win as Almonds won again. Also a result of their postoned tie, Wantage and Shortwood fall further behind in points and games played. They are going to have a serious fixture pile up which could affect their form towards the end of a long season. Also pleasing to see an attendance of 89, a decent attendance two weeks on the trot. Perhaps the campaign is paying dividends.

Extra special weekend for me as RFC stuff Wednesday 5-0 and look more and more impressive under McDermott. My Town scarf was obviously a good luck charm! Will be at the Lane next Saturday for the Shrivenham match, looking forward to it!

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:16 am

Featuring on 107FM Radio has been an excellent move for the Club.
Great coverage by The Reading Post every week as well does make a difference.
Nice to see a good turn out by the Witney fans that boosted the gate for this fixture.
Pleased that you are making another excursion to Scours next Saturday - are you bringing your friends along?
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 am

BRAMLEY wrote:Featuring on 107FM Radio has been an excellent move for the Club.
Great coverage by The Reading Post every week as well does make a difference.
Nice to see a good turn out by the Witney fans that boosted the gate for this fixture.
Pleased that you are making another excursion to Scours next Saturday - are you bringing your friends along?

Will be bringing at least one other. My brother, who is a part-time Maidenhead United fan, is also interested in coming along. I'll also be sending out more invites via Facebook to friends and urge them to bring others.

Perhaps we can break the 100 mark and set the highest attendance of the season at the Lane!

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:31 am

Yes, well done to Reading Town for getting back to winning ways after a couple of bad results. That win was vital otherwise it could have been hard to recover.

Now onto Tuesday night where it could be a tricky tie at Ardley the team that beat RT with ten men just a few games ago. Reading need to beat them as the Almonds have a tough game away to Kidlington the same night so it could be interesting.

The attendance of 89 shows that even with a couple of bad results the support has kept faith in the team and it would be nice to break into the 100 attendance figure.... i reckon it could be at the Binfield game as they generally have a good following, but Reading now need to just keep winning and hope their rivals can slip up along the way.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down