Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you like to see Town play in Pre-Season?

+2
Jamessupportersince2010
RTFC Barmy Army
6 posters

Go down

Who would you like to see Town play in Pre-Season? Empty Who would you like to see Town play in Pre-Season?

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed May 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Ok just a bit of fun, you never know they might just come true.

Slough Town (A)
Sandhurst (H)
Guildford City (H)
Henley Town (A)
Enfield Town (H)
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see Town play in Pre-Season? Empty Re: Who would you like to see Town play in Pre-Season?

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Wed May 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Didcot at home.
Woodley away.

Last edited by Jamessupportersince2010 on Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : predictive text fault)
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-06-11

http://readingtownfansanarmyofone.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see Town play in Pre-Season? Empty Re: Who would you like to see Town play in Pre-Season?

Post  sausage than a egg Wed May 18, 2011 11:33 pm

SRCC
READING YMCA
UNITY
WESTWOOD
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Thu May 19, 2011 5:06 am

Sandhurst's a good shout with a few former Town lads there. Getting a local team from higher up like Didcot down to the Lane would be good, and going by the last couple of seasons I suspect it's something the club are likely to do.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Tue May 24, 2011 2:34 am

Barcelona
Juventus
South Reading
Sandhurst Town or Devels

Just not farkin YMCA again!!!

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Tue May 24, 2011 2:47 am

Where have you been hiding Koshi? It's been quiet on the forum recently.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Tue May 24, 2011 3:09 am

I've been busy recently been moving house mate and now live nearer Larges Lane than Scours Lane (google earth mileage at least)...not sure Koshi will get to see SRFC much next season nevermind RTFC, but if Barts and co can get the boys flyinggggggggg up near the top you may see the Koshicle riding into town making a shock debut appearance!

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg Tue May 24, 2011 4:33 am

Abingdon United is confirmed on Abingdon's website July 16th
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Tue May 24, 2011 8:44 am

KoshiSRFC wrote:but if Barts and co can get the boys flyinggggggggg up near the top you may see the Koshicle riding into town making a shock debut appearance!

Should we also be on the lookout for a flying pig piloted by a Mr. H. Camping of California?
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Wed May 25, 2011 2:00 am

BenOBagels wrote:
KoshiSRFC wrote:but if Barts and co can get the boys flyinggggggggg up near the top you may see the Koshicle riding into town making a shock debut appearance!

Should we also be on the lookout for a flying pig piloted by a Mr. H. Camping of California?

Tut tut...do i sense a hint of sarcasm there? just can't understand why you think this way Laughing listen young man i'll have you know that Koshi has left his former abode and got too posh for the Whitley hood, and is now residing in the leafy suburbs of Wokingham...being here puts me in between a few of the sides of the Hellenic so who knows away trips v W&E, Bracknell and Binfield, but if Barts can achieve 6 wins on the spin expect to see me down Scours Lane soon after... i'll even treat you boys to a pint Cool

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Wed May 25, 2011 8:28 am

There's 20 of us in the Barmy Army now Koshi. That's about £100 at Roland's prices for us alone - sure you are coming to Scours now!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Wed May 25, 2011 8:46 am

There might be 25 if I can attract more fans for the army. I hear the bar prices are going up as well. The beer prices are going to be more than West end prices. A round for 25 m
ight cost 150.

At those prices I hope are friendlies are against the likes of Reading FC.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu May 26, 2011 8:42 am

BRAMLEY wrote:There's 20 of us in the Barmy Army now Koshi. That's about £100 at Roland's prices for us alone - sure you are coming to Scours now!!

Who mentioned anything about the Barmy Army old chap? when i mean 'you boys' i'm strictly talking the few regulars that frequent this forum. btw...how much is a pint of Lemonade?

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu May 26, 2011 8:57 am

Jamessupportersince2010 wrote:There might be 25 if I can attract more fans for the army. I hear the bar prices are going up as well. The beer prices are going to be more than West end prices. A round for 25 m
ight cost 150.

At those prices I hope are friendlies are against the likes of Reading FC.

Having the beer at those prices though isn't really going to attract the punters is it. i'd probably have a few beers on the way to the ground and buy one in there, where as if the beer was a more reasonable price i'd have a few more in the clubhouse instead. Still, it will be good to get some good support down there next season as even my presence down there wont hide some of the embarassing attendance figures seen there last season.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 Thu May 26, 2011 8:21 pm

2 pound for a pint if lemonade, coke etc. Food is good value too. We should play a friendly against Reading FC. When the reading fans see the value if our refreshments, they won't return to the Mad Stad.
Jamessupportersince2010
Jamessupportersince2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu May 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Jamessupportersince2010 wrote:2 pound for a pint if lemonade, coke etc. Food is good value too. We should play a friendly against Reading FC. When the reading fans see the value if our refreshments, they won't return to the Mad Stad.

If Reading fc fail to make it to the promised land next Monday, and tight wad still continues to hold the reins, then i'd hope that RTFC can start to attract three figure attendances as i often hear a lot of disillusioned fans saying they will start watching local non league sides if RFC fail....time for the clubs PR machine to start rolling in motion i think.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sat May 28, 2011 4:47 am

The Club is Reading based and very proud of that fact. It is well understood that RTFC play second fiddle to Reading FC in anyones view of football. Make no mistake about it, we wish Premier football on Brian McDermott's squad and they will have thoroughly deserved that mantel. Non League is just that - and we will be delighted to welcome RFC fans to Scours Lane whenever they like to attend.
Go do the biz on Monday - you Royals!!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sat May 28, 2011 4:54 am

I wish the Royals all the best for Monday and can find a new rich buyer to take the club forward in the premiership i wonder if Roland is interested??? Laughing

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sun May 29, 2011 8:30 pm

BRAMLEY wrote:The Club is Reading based and very proud of that fact. It is well understood that RTFC play second fiddle to Reading FC in anyones view of football. Make no mistake about it, we wish Premier football on Brian McDermott's squad and they will have thoroughly deserved that mantel. Non League is just that - and we will be delighted to welcome RFC fans to Scours Lane whenever they like to attend.

Are owners of Aldershot Town scarves allowed to say that about Reading? Wink
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Mon May 30, 2011 7:08 am

BenOBagels wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:The Club is Reading based and very proud of that fact. It is well understood that RTFC play second fiddle to Reading FC in anyones view of football. Make no mistake about it, we wish Premier football on Brian McDermott's squad and they will have thoroughly deserved that mantel. Non League is just that - and we will be delighted to welcome RFC fans to Scours Lane whenever they like to attend.

Are owners of Aldershot Town scarves allowed to say that about Reading? Wink

Yep - Aldershot Town FC were not in existence until 1992. All rivalry with Reading was prior to that mainly in the old Division 4 when the old Club was Aldershot FC. Still sing the songs though - it's traditional!!
Can you remember any of the words Ben? :-)
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Nah, John'll have to teach me them. Wink
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:22 am

How about RT play Eversley FC pre season a club a step below RT in the Combined Counties div one who are showing lots of ambition having spent over 2 million on facilities and appointing a manager and assistant with football league experience, knowing contacts from premier league down, and Sir Steve Coppell as a patron. Koshi passed their ground today on his bike... might make a visit or three next season as they have plans to go up the football pyramid.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down