Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 3-0 Hook Norton (20th Jan)

Go down

Reading Town 3-0 Hook Norton (20th Jan) Empty Reading Town 3-0 Hook Norton (20th Jan)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 pm

After a disappointing result yesterday afternoon against Harrow Hill lets hope the boys can keep get a good result against the team they beat 5-1 earlier in the season away from home. Hook Norton do have a very good away record winning an impressive 8 games, drawing 2 and only loosing 2 league games (one of which was against Flackwell Heath who famously got points deducted when they won 6-0 and the other loosing to Witney 1-0) The weather is meant to take a turn for the worst with a fair bit of rain on Monday morning and then on Tuesday rain forecast with temperatures getting down to 0 degrees.

I probably won't go into the clubhouse after the game as I have to keep the Moroccan student entertained and tell him how Great Britain is the greatest country in the world Laughing

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 3-0 Hook Norton (20th Jan) Empty A Funny Match Report

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 am

Before the game I and another Barmy Army member were interviewed by the one and only……The Reading Chronicle. At one point I thought I was Fabio Cappello but I quickly found out I wasn’t really him when I spoke perfectly good English Laughing .

Anyway back to the action and the opening minutes saw the Barmy Army being swarmed by dozens of paparazzi (sorry for the exaggeration Rolling Eyes .) My bodyguard did little to stop the flash photography Shocked . Reading Town had several chances which saw Hooky on the back foot. Reading Town got the goal they deserved but have no idea who scored it. Hooky chances were fairly limited and the Town punished them when they scored the 2nd not for the first time I have no idea who scored as my eyesight was faltering under the pressure Crying or Very sad . Hooky still didn’t look anything special in front of goal. The Town went into half time 2-0.

2nd half: Reading Town started well with plenty of shots on goal to keep the keeper on his toes. Hooky did have a couple of chances more than they did in the 1st half which saw them hit the bar. Reading Town were still on the offensive and this saw James Clark score (I think.) to make it 3-0. Following on from this the Town had several good opportunities to score. There could have been some more goals as there was no shortage of shots but the scores kept the same to give Reading Town a 3-0 win.

It was a very good reply following the disappointing result on Saturday. Thanks again to the Reading Chronicle for interviewing and taking photos of us (we are now officially famous Surprised .) I will have a look on Thursday to see the photos and interview of the Barmy Army in the Reading Chronicle.

Just looked on Hellenic Website to see who scored last night. Brooksy scored 1 goal and Clarky scored 2 shame they don't tell you when they scored.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 am; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 3-0 Hook Norton (20th Jan) Empty Match Report

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:08 am

Reading Town were the dominant force throughout the 1st half and in the 13th minute Ian Brooks opened the scoring to make it 1-0 after putting it past Matt Dixon from close range. Hook Norton on the other hand didn’t really have many shots which were threatening Chris Grace in the Reading Town goal. The Reading boys doubled their lead in the 22nd minute when James Clark lofted over the keeper into the top left hand corner. Reading Town kept up the pressure when they hit the bar and then luckily the ball rebounded back into the keepers hands in the 31st minute. Hook Norton did have a half chance to score when Mike Hancock had a bit of mix up with Chris Grace but Hancock got rid of the danger when he cleared it away in the 40th minute.

The 2nd brought more and more chance for the Reading boys which saw quite a few corner kicks as a result. Reading Town just kept up the pressure which meant more goal mouth action. Not long after James Clark made it 3-0 when a ball from the right was put into the box and he gladly tucked it away from close range. The Town were still on the offensive and this saw Aaron Parfitt put his shot over the bar whilst unbalanced on his feet. The Reds just kept on coming which just saw some efforts go either wide or over the bar.

M.O.M: James Clark scored two good goals and alos had an excellent game overall!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 3-0 Hook Norton (20th Jan) Empty Re: Reading Town 3-0 Hook Norton (20th Jan)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down