Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town P-P Headington Amateurs (7th Feb Take 2)

4 posters

Go down

Reading Town P-P Headington Amateurs (7th Feb Take 2) Empty Reading Town P-P Headington Amateurs (7th Feb Take 2)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:57 am

I really hope that this game is not postponed or abandoned midway through the match. It would be really annoying if that's the case as it won't be the first time this particular game has been a victim of the weather. Only one game tonight has got the go-ahead out of a possible 4 and all tomorrows’ games have been postponed as well which isn't good. No snow for tomorrow but that’s what they said yesterday and we were proved wrong when it snowed on and off all afternoon.....so can't trust the BBC anymore for accurate forecasts. Snow is then forecast for Thursday, Friday and Saturday but then again we might be proved wrong and hopefully have a heat wave sunny .

I hope the game is on and that we continue the banter with the Headington players and fans!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town P-P Headington Amateurs (7th Feb Take 2) Empty Re: Reading Town P-P Headington Amateurs (7th Feb Take 2)

Post  hafc Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:30 am

Hi chaps, how is it looking for tomorrow ?
hafc
hafc

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Reading Town P-P Headington Amateurs (7th Feb Take 2) Empty Re: Reading Town P-P Headington Amateurs (7th Feb Take 2)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:55 am

hafc wrote:Hi chaps, how is it looking for tomorrow ?

I really don't know as I haven't been down to the ground but I understand that they were removing the snow from the pitch on Thursday night. It did snow overnight a little but what does concern me is that if there is snow still lying on the surface then it will freeze as the tempreture tonight is going to be -1 at 9pm, -3 at midnight, -4 at 3 am, -3 at 6 am and then lastly -2 at 9am.

Fingers crossed the game is on tomoz
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hafc Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:59 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
hafc wrote:Hi chaps, how is it looking for tomorrow ?

I really don't know as I haven't been down to the ground but I understand that they were removing the snow from the pitch on Thursday night. It did snow overnight a little but what does concern me is that if there is snow still lying on the surface then it will freeze as the tempreture tonight is going to be -1 at 9pm, -3 at midnight, -4 at 3 am, -3 at 6 am and then lastly -2 at 9am.

Fingers crossed the game is on tomoz

Not looking good then, will have to put the lads through a hard taining session instead then Wink
Hope this game will be played soon as we enjoyed it down your ground.
hafc
hafc

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:59 am

I would just like to say to everyone that tomorrows games had been postponed Rolling Eyes It's now the 2nd time this game has been effected by the weather which is crazy and just really unlucky. I was really looking forward to this game as well by carrying on the banter with Headington fans and players.

The Town now face a long trip to Bristol to play Almondsbury this Wednesday night Arrow
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi No2 Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:20 am

Bloody hell... i didn't think the weather was going to be that bad tomorrow apart from a bit of frost in the morning.it must be that the pitch is waterlogged as all the snow has pretty much gone from where i am.
Koshi No2
Koshi No2

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:17 am

Boza wrote:Bloody hell... i didn't think the weather was going to be that bad tomorrow apart from a bit of frost in the morning.it must be that the pitch is waterlogged as all the snow has pretty much gone from where i am.

The tempreture in Reading tonight is going to be between -1 and -4 degrees so the snow will freeze. Making it even harder to drive on the road and also making the pitch like an ice rink. Snow hasn't yet gone from the Reading area so no real suprise that this game and plenty more others have been postponed.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Well this seasons Supplementary Cup has been cancelled after this weekend's postponements. Rolling Eyes

Annoying seeing I think we'd have had a good chance of winning this. Can't really see the logic in organising this cup if it's going to be cancelled to ease fixture congestion after one round. Whilst I'm sure no one knew what January/February's was going to be like back in the summer when the schedules are planned, the league's board surely know that a number of games are likely to be postponed in this period and having a number of cups isn't going to help in terms of leaving free dates for rearranged games. It was cancelled a couple of years back as well for similar reasons if I remember correctly.

Oh well, at least there's still the Berks & Bucks.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down