Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 1-3 Wantage Town (21st March)

4 posters

Go down

Reading Town 1-3 Wantage Town (21st March) Empty Reading Town 1-3 Wantage Town (21st March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:45 am

Just like to say I thought we were a little bit unlucky not to get a draw out of the game with the 2nd half performance on Saturday. It was much better than the first half display with the Town scoring early on and then also having some good chances to get equalizer. Before Saturdays game Wantage had lost their last 4 games conceding 9 and scoring only 1 goal but Wantage stopped the rot by winning against Harrow Hill away 1-0 on Saturday. They face Ardley United this Tuesday night so it will be interesting to know how they get on.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 1-3 Wantage Town (21st March) Empty Re: Reading Town 1-3 Wantage Town (21st March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Ardley won 2-0 last night at Wantage with the attendence being 27.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 1-3 Wantage Town (21st March) Empty Re: Reading Town 1-3 Wantage Town (21st March)

Post  Koshi Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:37 am

Hopefully we will see a better result against Wantage than we did against Old Woody

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:47 am

I will give you my thoughts of the game tomorrow as I am going to a suprise Birthday party tonight!!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:40 am

What absolute bollox of a result....It looks like i saved myself a few quid today by not going (not that i intended to) instead i'll have a few beers from the shop instead..I'm not sure if results would be any different had Reading still had a shout at promotion but it's probably just as well they aren't as results like these would be a serious kick in the teeth of a supporter. Just look how [****] RFC fans must be feeling after another dire result today when they really needed to win that. Oh well i'm glad Spurs won at least! Smile

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Koshi wrote:What absolute bollox of a result....It looks like i saved myself a few quid today by not going (not that i intended to) instead i'll have a few beers from the shop instead..I'm not sure if results would be any different had Reading still had a shout at promotion but it's probably just as well they aren't as results like these would be a serious kick in the teeth of a supporter. Just look how [****] RFC fans must be feeling after another dire result today when they really needed to win that. Oh well i'm glad Spurs won at least! Smile

First half performance was very disappointing with us not being able to string a pass together or able to test their keeper out. Wantage took full advantage of this early on when a free-kick was smashed into the right hand corner in the 4th minute leaving Roman Green in goal no chance. Wantage continued to press and saw them carve out more opportunities. Wantage made it 2-0 in the 18th minute when a cross was put into the box and No 18 Keeno fired the ball into the back of the net. Wantage had most of the play, possession and shots and in the 37th minute saw Wantage get their 3rd goal which was headed past Roman.

Second half much improved with the Town having the bulk of the chances which saw Mike Hancock score a header in the 55th minute. The Reading boys created some more chances one of which was cleared off the line and others being saved by the keeper. Wantage though deserved all three points this afternoon.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Very disappointing first half, the defence looked disjointed with the changes made. Due to a lack of gelling I guess. Fair play to Wantage though, they came and they got themselves on the front foot early on to dominate early on. Second half was better, with Nutty and Hanks coming on, although perhaps Wantage had eased off a bit as they were three up at half time.

They do say that after a poor performance it's good to have a game soon after to get it out the way, and perhaps that'll be the case with the game on Tuesday. Flackwell though will still be hurting from the B&B game, and I reckon their players will feel will feel harshly done by from that game and will be relishing the oppurtunity to get revenge for that game.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  CraneGod Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 am

Thought Nutty was a total c0ck and could've been easily sent off (the ref had already told him that he was in the clear)....he clashed with their #9 but wouldn'nt let it go...at 0-3 down it was p1ss poor behaviour and not what the team needed.

Thought our #3 Geraldes?) was motm (their motm #4 Swann bossed them well), and Saurez again worked his butt off, our keeper couldn't kick for toffee but pulled off a couple of good saves. #8 Mills got us out of trouble a few times.

A delightful day spoiled only by the result, which at the end of the ninety flattered Wantage.

CraneGod

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down