Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ascot United 0-3 Reading Town 2nd January 2010

4 posters

Go down

Ascot United 0-3 Reading Town 2nd January 2010 Empty Ascot United 0-3 Reading Town 2nd January 2010

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:47 pm

The Reading boys take on Ascot United this weekend away from home and it's the first game of 2010!!! Very Happy I will be going to the game along with BenOBagels. The weather is looking good, so I think most of Hellenic League games will go-ahead as planned.

I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas and also a Happy New Year

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Ascot United 0-3 Reading Town 2nd January 2010 Empty Re: Ascot United 0-3 Reading Town 2nd January 2010

Post  Koshi Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:34 am

Good luck for tomorrow, and let's hope that the nearest competitors all slip up as this is a game for RT you would expect them to take maximum points from.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Ascot United 0-3 Reading Town 2nd January 2010 Empty Re: Ascot United 0-3 Reading Town 2nd January 2010

Post  sausage than a egg Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Will it be on boys!
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:32 pm

I am gathering it's on as no news to say it has been postponed and I think they had a pitch inspection at 10am.

To keep updated refresh this http://www.football.mitoo.co.uk/FixtResMonth.cfm?TblName=Matches&DivisionID=7693&LeagueCode=HLNC2009&MonthNo=1
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:38 pm

The game is on it passsed in the pitch inspection this morning, that's what it says on the Ascot United website http://www.ascotunited.co.uk/newsdtlClub.asp?newsID=2524
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:39 pm

looking on ascots web page the game has passed pitch inspection! get in! see ya there boyz!
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:14 am

I didn't go with BenOBagels in the end as he overslept, so made the journey by myself and it was a good/enjoyable via train. I got to the ground at about 2:30pm.

The first 10-15 minutes of the game neither side had many chances and both teams were just settling into the game. After that first period of play the Reading had the most chances which saw the Ascot keeper save with his legs and also other shots just going over the bar. The Town deservedly went 1-0 up from a free-kick in the 28th minute when Michael Buck's side footed volley found the bottom right hand corner with precision. With five minutes before the break James Clark made it 2-0 after putting the ball past Dave Lyons.

Second half and Ascot had their first real shot on goal which was collected by Chris Grace. Afterwards Ian Brooks was one on one with the keeper and shot was saved by his feet. Ascot had some more chances in the second half which either went wide or were saved by Chris Grace. The Reading boys made it 3-0 in the 69th minute which saw Graham Lewis neatly tuck it away past the keeper. The Town had a few more other chances afterwards and one went wide the other being saved. Ascot did have an opportunity to get a consolation goal near the end when they were awarded a penalty but Chris Grace got his hand to the ball and pushed Chris Page's shot away.

Travelling back and when I came out of Reading Station I saw two police officers on horses and I was tempted to say: Why the long face? Laughing but I didn't. Also on the bus back the man with the cat appeared once again but this time I wasn't sitting next to the cat like last time oh the horror.

Really enjoyed today’s game, I thought the Reading boys play superbly well with the defence keeping another clean sheet, midfield getting stuck in as always and causing the defence problems and lastly the strikers creating and scoring chances. I will be going to the Pegasus game next week and hopefully the weather starts to warm up otherwise it could see lots of games postponed due to frozen pitches.

Ascots Match Report taken from their website.

Ascot entertained league leaders Reading Town in the only fixture to survive the cold snap.

In a game of relatively few chances, Ascot defended deep for the first 20 minutes and eventually succumbed to a goal from poorly defended free kick on 29 minutes. After a brief spell in the visitors half, Reading's second was a breakaway goal after Lunn's powerful shot was blocked on the edge of the penalty area with the block being converted within 6 seconds at the other end just on the stroke of half time.

2 nil down at half time, Ascot played their best football in a twenty five minute spell in the second half and Sam McIntyre in particular (pictured) got forward well down the left flank only to see crosses go begging.

Reading's third was slightly against the run of play but was their best created goal and Ascot then had chance to grab a consolation from a penalty awarded to substitute Zak Spencer who looked really lively after his introduction with 20 minutes to play that Chris Page just failed to convert when the impressive Reading keeper got a firm hand to the ball as he dived the other way.

Reading go 13 points clear at the top but on today's showing Ascot have certainly made strides forward over the last couple of months and will take heart going into next Saturday's game against Abingdon Town who sit 6 places above Ascot.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:18 am

can we get the right score please!
sausage than a egg
sausage than a egg

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 am

sausage than a egg wrote:can we get the right score please!

Sorry my mistake, now changed it!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:53 am

Just like to express appreciation of the way the team played yesterday and to the officials and Ascot United for getting the game on. Colin, Glen, Rob & Mike again prepared the lads well.
Well done also to the subs on a very cold afternoon.
Special mention to young Jake Smith who I'm sure will get his opportunity to shine in the future - stick at it, you are appreciated.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down