Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town appoint Roddy Slater as new manager

3 posters

Go down

Reading Town appoint Roddy Slater as new manager Empty Reading Town appoint Roddy Slater as new manager

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu May 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Roddy Slater has been appointed new manager of Reading Town. I extend a very warm welcome to Roddy Slater to the Club and wish him all the best.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/goalpost/s/2071418_reading_town_appoint_new_manager

Reading Evening Post wrote:Roddy Slater has been confirmed as the new manager of Reading Town.

The former Henley Town boss replaces Colin Millard, who quit the Hellenic Premier Divsion club this week after a successful season.

More to follow...
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town appoint Roddy Slater as new manager Empty Re: Reading Town appoint Roddy Slater as new manager

Post  BRAMLEY Fri May 21, 2010 1:08 am

Somewhat of a surprise if there were a number of promising applicants.
Colin resigns at the beginning of the week and Roddy Slater is appointed before the end of it.
May be the right guy for the job - I guess only time will tell.
Personally. I remain to be convinced.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Reading Town appoint Roddy Slater as new manager Empty Re: Reading Town appoint Roddy Slater as new manager

Post  BenOBagels Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 am

Did a decent job at Henley as far as I can tell, without knowing much about other possible applicants I'd say I'm satisfied to see Roddy in, and certainly hope he can build on what Colin's achieved.

Will Tommy Boylan, his assistant at Henley also be joining I wonder?
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Fri May 21, 2010 11:01 pm

A Update on Roddy Slater's Plans for Reading Town.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/goalpost/s/2071418_roddy_wants_readingbased_players

Reading Evening Post wrote:Reading Town manager Roddy Slater wants to build a team of local players after taking charge yesterday.

He takes over from Colin Millard, who quit last week, along with his assistants Glenn Goudie and Rob Wytchard.

Slater, 37, who recently left Henley Town after three years in charge, will be returning to Scours Lane, having been assistant to Millard back in the early 2000s. Slater’s management team will include Tommy Boylan and player Mark Bartley, plus one other yet to be named.

“We will be looking to assemble a squad as soon as possible,” said Slater.

“I will probably bring some of those who played with me at Henley, but I want to sign Reading (based) players either from a higher level or who are already in the Hellenic League.”

Town chairman Roland Ford said: “We are absolutely delighted to have Roddy back at the club. He was very positive when we interviewed him and is confident he can maintain the progress we made under Colin.

“He knows he will be working with a small budget, as he was at Henley, but still believes he can get a strong squad together as we look to improve on this season.”

Several of the current squad have been talking about leaving, while influential defender Michael Buck has already been linked with a Southern League club.
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down