Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Town 2-0 Fairford Town (7th March)

3 posters

Go down

Reading Town 2-0 Fairford Town (7th March) Empty Reading Town 2-0 Fairford Town (7th March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:26 am

Reading Town take on Fairford this Saturday who are currently 12th in the Hellenic league. Fairford have won their last 2 league games beating Bicester 6-2 and Shrivenham 1-0 both at home. They are playing Harrow Hill tonight away and will be interesting to see how they get on. Fairford also beat the Town at Scours lane earlier on in the season in the Hellenic League Cup 1-0. The weather is meant to be good for Saturday with the sun being out and about so hopefully no puddles on the pitch.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 2-0 Fairford Town (7th March) Empty Re: Reading Town 2-0 Fairford Town (7th March)

Post  Koshi Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:28 am

Make that 3 wins on the trot... they beat Harrow Hill 3-1 tonight. Anyway it looks a tricky tie with them being in form at the moment, but if RT play to their potential i could see them winning it.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Reading Town 2-0 Fairford Town (7th March) Empty Re: Reading Town 2-0 Fairford Town (7th March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:35 am

I won't be able to post either the Match or Barmy Army video after the match tomorrow as I will be attending the Race Night at Scours Lane. I will post them on Sunday with the Match Report!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:17 am

Long and unenviable trip for Reading FC fans to Plymouth tomorrow.
Skip the trip and enjoy an afternoon (and evening) at Scours Lane at a fraction of the cost!!
Good footie followed by a race night during the evening.
You will all be made most welcome.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:44 am

No can do, tomorrow Koshi will be working in Wokingham whilst Sunday will be cheering on Abbey Rangers and Southside as can't be arsed to go to Prospect Park to watch the Tavern who are away to Misfits. Still the Race night could have tempted Lord Koshi for a jolly good old knees up after the Town have beat Fairford. And the proceeds taken from my drinking could have given Colin some money to have bought a couple of Conference players Wink oh well whens the next Race night due confused

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:02 am

Well done to Colin and the boys...good to see back to back wins.Just need to continue the winning run and beat Old Woodstock next game....oh and hope one or two slip up above us cheers

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:09 am

Koshi wrote:Well done to Colin and the boys...good to see back to back wins.Just need to continue the winning run and beat Old Woodstock next game....oh and hope one or two slip up above us cheers

1st half Fairford did have some chances early on one of which was cleared off the line by Scott Rees. The Reading boys also had a few opportunities but they were mostly wide of the mark. Reading though did take the lead later on after Duncan scored from the corner kick. Fairford did have a deadly weapon which was a long throw in but the defence coped well with it. Nearer then end of the half Sam Flegg scored to make it 2-0 which was a goal mouth scramble. 2nd half the Reading boys were the dominant force and had some good chances to score. The game finished 2-0 to the Reading Town lads and the next fixture is at home to Flackwell Heath in the semi final of the Berks & Bucks this Tuesday night.

PS: The Race night was very enjoyable even though I didn’t win anything Embarassed .
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:41 am

Well i suppose considering the league's gone for this season it would be nice for the team to put Flackwell Sheath to the sword and try and win some silverware instead!

Was the race night as i said Combesy like recorded races which you can bet on?

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Koshi wrote:Well i suppose considering the league's gone for this season it would be nice for the team to put Flackwell Sheath to the sword and try and win some silverware instead!

Was the race night as i said Combesy like recorded races which you can bet on?

Yer it was recorded races as you said Koshi. All money raised going towards a Reading Town Tour Exclamation Exclamation
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down