Reading Town Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Woodstock Town 2-1 Reading Town (14th March)

5 posters

Go down

Old Woodstock Town 2-1 Reading Town (14th March) Empty Old Woodstock Town 2-1 Reading Town (14th March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 am

Just like to say to everyone who played last night what a great performance and also a tremendous fighting spirit. The Berks & Bucks Final awaits us but the Reading boys will no doubt be looking very forward to playing OWT this Saturday and hoping to continue the good form.

Old Woodstock Town play at Abingdon United's ground which I visited very briefly last season after going to the wrong ground when I went to Abingdon United instead of Abingdon Town's ground. I only realised it was the wrong ground when I got the programme and it didn't mention Reading Town and thankfully they were very helpful and gave me a full refund plus some directions to the Abingdon Town ground. I did get to the game on time and saw the Town win 2-0 in the Berks & Bucks!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Old Woodstock Town 2-1 Reading Town (14th March) Empty Re: Old Woodstock Town 2-1 Reading Town (14th March)

Post  BRAMLEY Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:42 am

Just love the new Avatar - can't stop chuckling!!!
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Old Woodstock Town 2-1 Reading Town (14th March) Empty Re: Old Woodstock Town 2-1 Reading Town (14th March)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:57 am

Scott Rees was playing in goal due to Chris Grace serving his suspension after being sent off against Ardley United which saw the Town lose 2-0. Old Woodstock Town scored two goals early on which were both struck in the bottom left hand corner which Scott Rees could do little about. Woodstock had chance to make it 3-0 a little bit later on when they were awarded a penalty for hand ball but Scott Rees saved well diving to his left. The Reading boys had fairly limited chances in the 1st half. Dave Mills then got injured which saw the new fella Isaac replace him.

Half time was very funny watching the Woody subs have shots at goal because their attempts would either hit the clubhouse roof, go into the clubhouse, smash against my tripod, cannon against the gazebo or hit against the cars inside the ground Laughing and sadly only a handful actually went into the back of the net Rolling Eyes .

Second half was much better display with the Town scoring early on thanks to Isaac who made it 2-1. The Reading boys kept the pressure up which saw James Clark, Isaac and Graham Lewis having some decent chances in front of goal. Late on I thought we might just nick a point but it wasn't to be which saw Old Woodstock Town get the win. I was very impressed with Isaac today who played really well with a good touch and put in some good crosses and had some decent efforts on goal in the game. He also had some very colourful boots on (orange) which did blind me a little bit .

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:17 am; edited 4 times in total
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:08 am

Isaac's a good player, and a good addition to an already strong set of attacking players. Happy for him that he came on and got a goal, disappointing result though.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:52 am

BenOBagels wrote:Isaac's a good player, and a good addition to an already strong set of attacking players. Happy for him that he came on and got a goal, disappointing result though.

Do you know his last name Ben? As you know him and have played with him in the past could give me some information about him so I can put something on his player profile on the site.

PS: Will you be there at Scours Lane next Saturday? As Bramley can't make it as he is watching Wylen Garden City!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass-man Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:50 am

Too many players of the pace and we looked a little heavy after Tuesday nights extra time. Isaac Sedu came on and injected some energy and pace into our play and we looked a more competitive side when he came on.

Credit to OWT as they played well the first half hour and this got them the two goal lead.

No excuses as even with Scott Rees in goal (replacing the suspended Chris Grace) he had no chance with the goals however he did save a penalty which helped Town get a foothold back in the game.

Away form is poor and is something the team with have to address quickly.
Ass-man
Ass-man

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Can't believe the attendance figure announced for yesterday of 14.
Reading brought as many as this alone, did the rest sneak in unnoticed?
Thought Reading were unlucky with the early injuries and definitely missed the influence of Scott Rees in midfield.
2nd half was very much better with Aaron and James involved in most creative moves and Isaac Sedu showing some considerable promise.
Would have liked to have seen a goalkeeping debut given to perhaps the Youth Team regular Number 1 but perhaps this was not possible?
The players still gave everything and the Barmy Army are proud of you.
BRAMLEY
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:38 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Do you know his last name Ben? As you know him and have played with him in the past could give me some information about him so I can put something on his player profile on the site.

PS: Will you be there at Scours Lane next Saturday? As Bramley can't make it as he is watching Wylen Garden City!!!

Looks like Ass-man and Bramley have beaten me to his surname. Very Happy

He's a pacey player who scores his share of goals. Was born in Liberia (Town's answer to George Weah Very Happy) but grew up in Ghana before moving over here a few years ago. Used to play for Bisley.

Will almost certainly be there for the Wantage game.
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:41 am

BenOBagels wrote:
RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Do you know his last name Ben? As you know him and have played with him in the past could give me some information about him so I can put something on his player profile on the site.

Looks like Ass-man and Bramley have beaten me to his surname. Very Happy

He's a pacey player who scores his share of goals. Was born in Liberia (Town's answer to George Weah Very Happy) but grew up in Ghana before moving over here a few years ago. Used to play for Bisley.

Will almost certainly be there for the Wantage game.

Lets hope so Ben and not the other great Liberian, Mass Sarr Wink

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 am

Mass Sarr was amazing! For one game against Luton. Very Happy
BenOBagels
BenOBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down